Neuro-Ophthalmologist – Hartford, Connecticut
- Hartford HealthCare
- New Britain, Connecticut
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
Hartford Healthcare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute seeks a fellowship-trained, full-time Neuro-Ophthalmologist in the Hartford, CT area. The faculty member will provide outstanding clinical care in an ambulatory setting in close proximity to our tertiary care academic hospital, Hartford Hospital. Other duties include collaboration with the neurology and neurosurgical teams on clinical, academic and administrative projects as well as participation in our Neurology and Neurosurgery residency programs. The ideal candidate will have the talent to develop and maintain excellent relationships with our referring physicians, as well as other collaborators. We have immediate patient volumes combined with an established referral base to create an exceptional opportunity.
Program & Position Highlights:
- Monday Friday schedule; days
- Join two-physician Neuro-Ophthalmology practice
- Tech and administrative support
- Fully equipped, state-of-the-art clinic
- Health benefits, 401K with Match, CME allowance and more
- Paid Malpractice with 100% Tail Coverage
- Board certifications paid
- Teaching facility for University of Connecticut
- Candidate must be board certified or board eligible in either Ophthalmology or Neurology
- Completion of an AUPO-FCC compliant fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology or have demonstrated comparable clinical experience and expertise
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
- Ability to respectfully collaborate and build relationships with a diverse set of colleagues
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving environment, challenging the status quo and striving to innovate and improve care delivery
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- Bring and promote innovation to neuro-ophthalmology care paradigms
About Hartford HealthCare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute:
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a statewide system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders. Our specialists span the areas of vascular neurology, neuromuscular neurology, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache, pain management, neuro-oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, neurocritical care, general neurology and neurosurgery.
About Hartford HealthCare:
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and Hartford HealthCare Medical Group, one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of New England’s most stunning and desirable communities, offering nationally acclaimed schools and exciting year-round recreation. Choose to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, in a Kiplinger’s “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family,” or in Travel and Leisure’s “Coolest suburb in America,” so you will love heading to work and heading home.
To learn more contact HHC’s Neuroscience Recruiter Clayton Tebbetts at Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org - 860-249-6927.
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders. Our specialists span the areas of vascular neurology, neuro-oncology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache and pain management, cognitive neurology, neurosurgery, neuro-critical care and general neurology.
We support your development and wellbeing through the respected HHC Physician Leadership Development Institute and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness.
This means MORE OPPORTUNITY to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, and most of all, caregivers.
• HHC RECRUITMENT VIDEO – MORE life.
• Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation
• COVID – We stand for hope.
• CT REGIONAL VIDEO (Quality of Life in our Region
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert