Telehealth at MUSC - Cognitive Neurology Faculty
- The Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Cognitive/Behavioral Neurology
- Full Time
MUSC Health is seeking board certified or eligible Cognitive Neurologists to join our team on an in-person or virtual basis. In an effort to expand access to high-quality cognitive and behavioral care for the residents of South Carolina, MUSC Health is launching a virtual Neurology program. Physicians will utilize telemedicine to provide comprehensive evaluation for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other related disorders, all from the convenience of their own homes.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Focus on collaboration, innovation, and teamwork Expertise in the specific areas of dementia and Alzheimer’s Board certification or eligibility in Neurology Fellowship in Behavioral Neurology or Neuropsychiatry, or general neurologist with Alzheimer’s experience
- Part-time or full-time opportunities available Very strong interdisciplinary specialty support Opportunity for involvement in cognitive disorder clinical trial research programs with many possibilities for collaboration university-wide, as well as senior investigators and PIs available for mentorships H1B and O1 Visa Eligibility Special interests fully supported
About MUSC’s Cognitive Neurology Program
- Collaborative team composed of 2 Faculty, 5 Neuropsychologists, 1 APP, comprehensive administrative support and nursing staff Advanced diagnostics, multidisciplinary planning and a full spectrum of medical and innovative therapies Newly remodeled, leading-edge facilities designed specifically for the needs of cognitive patients
Learn more about Neurosciences at MUSC: https://muschealth.org/medical-services/neurosciences
Join a team that’s Changing What’s Possible – The Medical University of South Carolina’s Neurology program is the premier clinical leader in the state. Our program has the only level 4 Epilepsy center in the state, a stroke center with Comprehensive Stroke Center designation by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association, a Parkinson’s Foundation Center of Excellence, the first MDA Care Center established in the state by the Muscular Dystrophy Association® (MDA), an ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence.
- Competitive compensation and Faculty title Excellent retirement options including a pension and optional tax deferred contributions Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer EPIC EMR Platform The resources which accompany an academic medical center, such as access to the MUSC medical library and participation in leading-edge research
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina, sees more than one million patient encounters annually, and its specialized care teams consistently rank among the best in the country. This integrated health care system is accessible via its downtown Charleston campus, seven regional medical centers, more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network. MUSC Health delivers transformational care shaped by world-class clinicians, health scientists, and educators who provide leading-edge care while developing the next generation of innovative health care leaders.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), is dedicated to the pursuit of changing what’s possible in health care. Nationally recognized for its innovation, patient, and family-centered care, and quality outcomes, this integrated health care system is accessible at the downtown Charleston campus, four regional medical centers, and through more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert