- Houston Methodist Hospital - Medical Center
- Houston, Texas (US)
- Closing date
- May 23, 2023
- Full Time
Houston Methodist Hospital: U.S. News & World Report ranked Houston Methodist Hospital No. 16 among 1,248 hospitals and No. 15 in neurology and neurosurgery in 2022-2023. U.S. News & World Report has named Houston Methodist Hospital the No. 1 hospital in Texas every year since the award began.
Department of Neurology is under a significant expansion of its clinical services. We are seeking a neurohospitalist to join the Department of Neurology at Houston Methodist Hospital – Medical Center. The neurologist will work with residents, other neurologists, critical care specialists, and a group of Advanced Practice Providers (APP) to provide inpatient care.
• Completed neurology residency
• Relevant fellowship training is helpful but not required, such as stroke, neurohospitalist, or NICU fellowship
• Eligible to obtain a Texas medical license or have a Texas medical license in good standing
• Exercises medical decision-making and provides a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services
• Exhibits leadership in supervising APPS and initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and findings from scientific research
• Participates in research and education of NPs, Fellows, Residents, and Medical Students
Interested candidates please forward your resume to Sandy Mayfield, firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Neurohospitalist” in the subject line.
Methodist Hospital Proudly Offers
Competitive Compensation Package
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous PTO Plan
Additional benefits include, but are not limited to, EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts.
Welcome to Texas
The city of Houston, the nation's fourth-largest city, welcomes you. The most diverse city in America has a lot to offer, including professional sports teams, theater, museum districts, hundreds of restaurants, and live music venues. With its gigantic Galleria and more, Houston is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy outdoor recreation with its municipal and state parks, jogging paths, golf, hiking, biking, and camping. Piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches are less than an hour away. Families will appreciate the excellence of the area's public and private schools and the availability of institutions of higher learning. Texas is a tort-reform state with no state income tax, making it an exceptional place to live and work.
Sandy Mayfield, LSSGB Sr. Executive Assistant to
Jun Li, MD, PhD, FANA, FAAN
Professor and Chair of Neurology
Houston Methodist Stanley H. Appel Department of Neurology Houston Methodist Hospital
Weill Cornell Medical College
Apply for Neurohospitalist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert