Outpatient Neurologist - Choose your focus
- ChristianaCare Health System
- Newark, Delaware
- email Yvonne.Marshall@christianacare.org for more info
- Closing date
- Mar 23, 2023
- General Neurology, Headache, MS/Neuroimmunology, Clinical Neurophysiology, Movement Disorders, Neuromuscular
- Full Time
ChristianaCare is seeking a BE/BC Neurologist to join our employed outpatient practice.
The Neuroscience Service line includes a robust inpatient neuro-hospitalist service, comprehensive stroke center, neuro critical care unit, neuro-interventional service, as well as a large multi-subspecialty ambulatory practice. The ambulatory practice includes 11 BC Neurologists, 2 Pediatric Neurologists, 6 advanced practice providers, 6 clinical nurses, a fulltime social worker, an embedded specialty pharmacy concierge and pharmacist, an embedded psychologist, medical assistants, office assistants.
What Makes this Opportunity Attractive?
- No stroke call!
- 1:5 weekend call.
- If desired - perform Botox, blocks, and other injections.
- Enjoy a great work life balance with a reasonable M-F work schedule.
- Become part of this physician led, creative healthcare vision.
- You'll have opportunities to be involved in medical student and resident education.
- Take advantage of being able to work remotely part of the time!
- BE/BC in Neurology required.
- Fellowship training in EEG- Clinical Neurophysiology, EMG- Clinical Neurophysiology Neuromuscular Medicine or Headache Medicine optional
- Our outpatient practice is arranged into 4 Teams, each team with physicians, an APP, nurse, OA, and MA's, with goal of providing patient centered, nurse led comprehensive coordinated care model.
- Our practice has subspecialists in every facet of Neurology and encourages robust collaboration between our providers in both the ambulatory practice and neuro-hospitalist practice.
- The offices were recently renovated for this established team that includes 15 neurologists, five advanced practice clinicians, five clinical nurses, social worker, embedded specialty pharmacy concierge and pharmacist, embedded psychologist, medical assistants, office assistants.
- Join our Neurosciences Service Line and become part of Delaware's largest employed outpatient Neurology practice based in Newark, Delaware; 45 minutes south of Philadelphia.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations, continuously providing value-based exceptional care every day and centered on improving health outcomes in our communities.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit, academic health system with 290+ residents and fellows, 13,000+ caregivers, three hospitals, 1,300+ beds, a level I trauma center, level III NICU, and a comprehensive stroke center. We have Regional Centers of Excellence (COE) in Heart and Vascular, Cancer, and Women's Health. Plus, an extensive network of ambulatory practice sites, home health care, and medical aid units throughout DE, MD, PA, NJ.
Healthgrades announced ChristianaCare as one of America's top 50 best hospitals and is now recognized among the top 1% of U.S hospitals!
At ChristianaCare you have easy access to Washington, D.C, Philadelphia, and New York. The region is rich with diverse cultures with some of the nation's best public and private schools, colleges, and universities. Delaware offers housing options both in urban and suburban living as well as high quality restaurants and cultural activities. Join our team and see how we deliver care here at ChristianaCare guided by our values of Love and Excellence!
ChristianaCare Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- The largest healthcare system in Delaware employing 13,000 caregivers.
- 18 dedicated Neurocritical Care beds, 6 Transitional Neurology Unit beds, 2 Epilepsy Monitoring Unit beds, and 22 Stroke Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Unit beds.
- State of the art acute care facilities (including Level I Trauma) at the Main Newark Campus Comprehensive Stroke Center, Wilmington Hospital Primary stroke center, Cecil County Hospital and Acute Stroke Ready Hospital at the Middletown ED in Middletown, DE.
- Recognized for high quality stroke care including American Heart Association's Gold Plus Stroke Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award.
- 1,350 employed physicians.
- Extensive teaching opportunities including an Internal Medicine, ED/IM, and psychiatry residents, medical students, and peer education. Academic appointment available via Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Named among Forbes Best Employer for Diversity & Inclusion in The U.S. For 2022
- Excellent benefits package, including 12 weeks paid parental leave
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. Live and work within 1 hour of Philadelphia and Baltimore, 2 hours from New York City and Washington D.C. all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.
Neurohospitalist/Vascular Neurologist Newark, Delaware
Outpatient Neurologist (Pick your focus!) Newark, Delaware
Interested in learning more about our neurology opportunities?
Contact Physician Recruiter, Yvonne Marshall at email@example.com
To learn more about ChristianaCare visit - https://careers.christianacare.org/WhoWeAre/
1405 N. West Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert