CLINICAL EPILEPTOLOGIST / ADULT NEUROLOGIST For A LUCRATIVE AND UNIQUE PRIVATE PRACTICE POSITION
- Neurology Center for Epilepsy and Seizures
- Marlboro, New Jersey (US)
- base: $285,000 - 400,000 (depending on level of experience) & Profit Sharing % Paid Quarterly
- Closing date
- May 11, 2023
Seeking a Clinical Epileptologist (ADULT or CHILD or DUAL ADULT/CHILD) to Join a Unique Epilepsy-Focused Private Practice that is Rapidly Expanding
Neurology Center for Epilepsy & Seizures (NCES) is the first Epilepsy-focused independent private practice in the US implementing the "Epilepsy Medical Home" model of care.
Fully independent and not affiliated with any hospital-based epilepsy program, this practice aims to increase accessibility to comprehensive epilepsy care for all patients who live far removed from tertiary care comprehensive epilepsy centers. Featuring its own 12 room video EEG monitoring unit that is the first of its kind in New Jersey, the practice is able to complete most appropriate workups in an outpatient setting that is more comfortable for patients than any hospital-based epilepsy monitoring unit. Physician autonomy is guaranteed in an independent medical practice - wholly run by a physician.
As the practice is growing, the intention is to build it with clinicians from all related specialties to serve the unique population of patients who have epilepsy - eventually there will be neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry, clinical health psychology, a social worker and a dietician as well as an epilepsy neurosurgeon within the practice. With the practice trying to implement this vision of creating an "Epilepsy Medical Home", NCES is seeking a Board Certified/Eligible ADULT Neurologist and Epileptologist with expertise in adult epileptology and/or pediatric epileptology who wants to be part of a unique concept and help to grow the model of care. NCES is also seeking a Board Certified/Eligible CHILD Neurologist and Epileptologist with expertise in pediatric epileptology and/or adult epileptology who wants to be part of a unique concept and help to grow the model of care.
The practice prefers epileptologists who are adept in managing patients with intractable epileptic conditions and who are comfortable with all aspects of epilepsy surgery. Preference is for those individuals who are interested in growing a business with a unique concept in epilepsy care outside of the world of academics.
As the practice already has a child epileptologist, we are also considering a general child neurologist without epileptology fellowship training as well.
While affiliated with local hospitals with their own inpatient video EEG Monitoring capabilities, this practice is completely different from a traditional epilepsy practice based in a tertiary-care center. It is a practice that will always remain physician owned and a practice where physicians will always have the autonomy that they deserve as they practice their art.
As the practice was founded in 2018, we are in the expansion phase and building out our program - which, for the most part, is outpatient only with limited inpatient responsibilities and no inpatient call responsibilities.
We are interested in growing a clinical research focus as well as developing PSA agreements with local hospitals to help develop their respective epilepsy programs.
The Opportunity is for:
- a full time position in adult epileptology (with a comfort level in pediatric epileptology) or pediatric epileptology (with a comfort level in adult epileptology)
- scope: outpatient epilepsy clinic, outpatient video EEG Monitoring unit and minimal inpatient work unless patients are admitted for inpatient workups or if there are inpatient consultations to be completed
- one who demonstrates leadership potential and motivation to grow a unique concept and develop the revenue streams of the practice
- one who has an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to improve the quality of care for all epileptic patients and develop new revenue streams for the growing private practice
- one who wants to grow a concept and a new model of epilepsy care
- epileptologists who are motivated by improving on the status quo
- epileptologists who are interested in very highly lucrative private practice positions with much potential for financial growth
- extremely competitive base salary with profit-sharing bonus with extremely high potential to earn > $500,000-$600,000 within 2-3 years of starting
- potential opportunity for consideration of minority partnership after productivity milestones following an initial two year initial contract
- generous benefits and 401K/retirement package
- full physician autonomy
- flexible schedule for full time physicians
- friendly staff and collegial work environment where we all are part of one big family
- relocation allowance available for moves greater than 100 miles
- consideration to help pay school loans off
- sign on bonus
- board certified in Neurology and/or board certified in Pediatric Neurology
- board certified/eligible in Epilepsy and/or Clinical Neurophysiology (if you completed fellowship before Epilepsy board became available)
- strong skill set in surgical epilepsy and a clinical know how off intracranial monitoring EEG interpretation
- one who possesses his/her own vision of community based epilepsy care with ideas of how to improve care for all
- one who will be motivated to lead epilepsy-related education programs to the community as well as to other clinicians
- one who is interested in improving community-based epilepsy care for the better implementing the "Epilepsy Medical Home" model of care
This is not any other epilepsy-related opportunity - we are truly the most unique epilepsy-focused private practice in the United States aimed to improve the quality of care for all patients who do not have easy access to tertiary-care epilepsy programs. Our facility is modern and specifically customized to grow as an "Epilepsy Medical Home."
The position is available for a start as soon as possible.
Don't miss the ride in a very collegial work-environment with a young and energetic dynamic.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert