Dream Job for Physicians Interested in Cognitive Disorders
- Memory & Movement Charlotte
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Competitive Salary and Benefits, No RVU Requirements
- Closing date
- May 10, 2023
- Cognitive/Behavioral Neurology, General Neurology, Other, Movement Disorders
- Full Time
Do you want to...
- practice medicine the way it was intended? spend as much time with each patient/family as you need? build lasting, impactful relationships with patients and families? restore your own quality of life? cure the burnout unrealistic productivity targets create?
Founded nearly a decade ago, the unique model at MMC has been so successful that we need to hire more physicians to keep up with the demand! We currently have 3 physicians and 4 APP’s.
Our independent, nonprofit practice redefines care for adults with progressive cognitive and/or movement disorders. We treat both the patient and their caregivers because for a patient to succeed, their family must be informed, empowered and supported. At MMC, each physician-led team sees 6-7 patients per day, and we are committed to providing the time and attention required to navigate every step of a complex diagnosis.
Our highly experienced, collaborative multi-disciplinary care teams include APP’s, RN’s, onsite PT/OT/ST in a dedicated gym, social work support and a robust caregiver education program. We offer a competitive, guaranteed annual salary, generous benefits, excellent work/life balance, vibrant work environment and a culture of trust and respect. No nights, weekends, hospital or on-call commitments. MMC is a “must see!”
The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator/listener with passion for our mission. MMC’s preferred candidates could be neurologists, psychiatrists, geriatricians or other specialists interested in helping patients/families struggling with cognitive disorders.
- Evaluate and treat cognitive disorders Order and interpret appropriate ancillary tests Prescribe appropriate medications and provide comprehensive instructions for their administration Collaborate with other MMC physicians, APP’s, and nurses to maintain a high performing clinical team Partner with social worker(s) to create an annual comprehensive Care Plan for each appropriate patient/care partner Give appropriate counsel for healthy habits (exercise, diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health Work collaboratively with the referring physicians and other specialists to ensure coordination of care Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient medical records Work with MMC’s Director of Community Engagement to actively promote Memory & Movement Charlotte’s unique model of care in the community. This may involve speaking at community events or participating in educational initiatives.
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree (DO) and valid license to practice medicine
Memory & Movement Charlotte is an innovative, growing practice driven by our mission:
To provide clinical and diagnostic expertise, education and support to individuals with memory and movement disorders and their families, in an environment that empowers them to take charge of their journey with empathy, compassion, dignity and respect.
A Team-Led Approach to Care
Our new patient/family on-boarding process begins with a 2-hour visit conducted by an APP and RN to take a detailed history, conduct a thorough physical exam with cognitive, behavioral, and safety screenings, and to learn the main caregiver stressors. The next step is a one-hour appointment with the physician 2-4 weeks later. In the interim, the care team discusses each case and ensures that all pertinent external records are collected and any additional testing ordered to maximize the visit with the physician. All follow-up appointments are one-hour visits with approximately half the time spent focusing on caregiver needs. A separate Care Plan appointment led by a social worker and APP is scheduled for each caregiver, without the patient present, to identify and address caregiver needs.
The limited daily caseload allows us to build meaningful, trusted relationships with patients and caregivers. We see the impact of this approach every day and demand for services is growing exponentially. We must add another 1-2 physicians soon to meet the growing demand without compromising our commitment to time and attention.
Learn more at www.mmclt.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert