Board Certified Neurologist- Telemedicine
- NuView Health
- Remote - Telemedicine
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2023
Tele-Neurologist Duties and Responsibilities
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will function as the neurology consultant to all areas of the Hospital and provide direct telemedicine bedside evaluation: including timely consultations with the Emergency Department, with sub-specialists, and other medical staff members on request.
- During hours of scheduled on call duties, The NuView TeleNeurologist will be available to respond to and provide professional services for emergencies on all inpatient and observation patients by request of medical staff or nursing management.
- The NuView Neurologist will evaluate patients via telemedicine who need a consult and respond to information requests from the facility.
- The NuView Neurologist will respond by phone within 5 minutes and evaluate and consult within 30 minutes for all potential CVA/TPA/ TNK patients.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will obtain a history, review pertinent clinical and diagnostic results and perform a virtual tele-physical on these admitted patients.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will provide a clinical assessment and develop a comprehensive plan of care and management in written or dictated form on evaluated patients, including notes in the EMR and orders in the CPOE system.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will discuss the plan of care with the nurse and other ancillary staff as well as with the family members who are present at bedside.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will provide consultation & follow up Neurologic examination as requested by ER & other medical staff.
- While conducting these rounds, the NuView Neurologist will help to develop a plan for eventual patient disposition.
- All stat physician consults should be contacted directly by the NuView TeleNeurologist and during their assessment the TeleNeurologist should be available for video-conferencing to discuss the case directly and in virtual presence.
- Develops collaborative virtual-relationships with primary, consulting, & referring physicians, facility leadership, and clinical ancillary staff.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will be compliant with medical records completion within guidelines
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will complete an encounter form and log each encounter in the provided forms.
- The encounter forms and log will be submitted within 2 days of the shift.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist coordinates care with the on-site specialist
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will accept patient referrals and coordinate all aspects of care for patients referred by medical staff members, primary care physicians, surgeon and consultants
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will update patients and their family members and provide supportive and compassionate care.
- When required, The NuView TeleNeurologist will consult other sub-specialists, tele-specialists and maintain a positive co-management model for patient care.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will practice within the guidelines of evidence-based medicine considering the cost of healthcare utilization and risk-benefit of procedures or therapeutic modalities.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will be compliant with Hospital based clinical guidelines/ initiatives
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will facilitate and guide the plan for patient recovery and rehabilitation.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will coordinate the care plan with primary care physicians through frequent direct contact and video conferencing.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will function as the neurology consultant to all areas of the Hospital and provide direct telemedicine bedside evaluation where available: including timely consultations with the Emergency Department, with sub-specialists, and other medical staff members on request.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will provide leadership in the development and implementation of standing orders, clinical protocols, and other clinical effectiveness projects;
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will collaborate with the Hospital's Case Management department in maintaining effective utilization and resource management, medical record appropriateness and medical necessity, and proactive discharge planning.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will conduct self in a manner consistent with, and that promotes, Hospital's Mission and Values at all times.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will maintain legible, accurate, complete, and timely medical records with respect to all patients examined or treated in accordance with all legal, accreditation, regulatory and third-party payor requirements.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will comply with all medical staff bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, and Hospital bylaws, rules and regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, as such currently exist or are here in after amended.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes, regulations, and other legal requirements as well as any accreditation standards related to Hospital and its Program.
- The NuView TeleNeurologist will perform other services as are reasonably assigned by the Program's Service's leadership.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert