- Biddeford, Maine
- Closing date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Child Neurology, Cognitive/Behavioral Neurology, Epileptology, General Neurology, Headache, MS/Neuroimmunology, Neurohospitalist, Vascular/Stroke, Other, Clinical Neurophysiology, Movement Disorders, Neurocritial Care, Neuromuscular, Sleep Medicine
- Full Time
Maine Medical Partners Neurology is seeking a Neurologist with General and/or Subspecialty interests to join our well-established practice located on the beautiful Southern coast of Maine.
The successful candidate will be employed by Maine Medical Partners (MMP), a subsidiary of Maine Medical Center and Maine’s largest multi-specialty group. MMP serves the health care needs of patients throughout Maine and Northern New England with a high quality team of 600+ physicians and 350+ advanced practice professionals (APPs) who provide a wide range of primary, specialty, and sub-specialty adult and pediatric care. MMP Neurology consists of more than 22 neurologists and 9 Advanced Practice Professionals including most neurologic subspecialties.
This position is based on MaineHealth’s Biddeford campus in a regional office providing Neurology care at Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC). The SMHC multi-specialty physician group is comprised of more than 130 physicians providing comprehensive primary and specialty care and a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitation services. We have a strong connection with the University of New England medical school with third year medical students participating in rotations throughout our specialties.
This position is primarily outpatient with minimal inpatient consultation coverage which is supported by experienced APPs. Call coverage is one week per month, consisting of weekday 8am-5pm call coverage of the hospital in coordination with the APPs and after-hours and weekend coverage of the hospital and ER by phone only. There is no in-person after-hours hospital coverage expected. The hospital has a telestroke service that is staffed separately. As our Neurology practice is a consultative practice, after-hours calls for ambulatory patients are managed by primary care.
Come practice in a location that provides unsurpassed natural beauty, safe communities, excellent schools and nearly unlimited four-season recreational opportunities such as skiing, hiking, kayaking, and miles of beautiful coastline.
Interested candidates may send a cover letter and CV to Linda Wiley, Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MaineHealth is the largest health care organization in Maine and a leading health care provider serving northern New Hampshire. MaineHealth is committed to providing the highest quality care for people with neurological disorders. Our multi-disciplinary team of highly-trained neurology specialists, neuro-certified nurses, emergency care staff, neuro oncologists, neuro radiologists and neuro rehabilitation therapists work together to achieve the best possible patient outcomes.
The neuroscience institute at Maine Medical Center is the only Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Maine — one of only four in all of New England. Remote stroke evaluation services are available 24/7, across Maine and in parts of New Hampshire through the MaineHealth Telestroke network. Here are a few highlights of our Neurology Program at Maine Medical Center:
- Maine Medical Center is a 637-bed tertiary care hospital, and is the top rated hospital in Maine
- Modern outpatient clinical site for general sub-specialty neurological care
- Comprehensive stroke center with state-of-the art neuro-endovascular support
- Comprehensive epilepsy program
- MS Center of Excellence
- Additional programs in dementia, movement disorders, neuromuscular medicine, neuro-oncology, sleep medicine, headache, neuro-radiology, clinical neurophysiology, and pediatric neurology
- Robust clinical trials program and research opportunities with the Maine Medical Center Research Institute
- Established and growing tele-neurology programs focused on tele-stroke as well as epilepsy, movement disorders, and dementia care
- Inter-professional relationships with neurosurgery, psychiatry, PM&R, neuropsychology, social work, neurology nursing, ophthalmology and ENT
7 Bramhall St.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert