General Neurology/All Subspecialties - Candidates on Visa are Welcome
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Closing date
- May 14, 2023
Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM), located in Atlanta, Georgia, was founded in 1975, and has been recognized as the top institution among U.S. medical schools for achieving a social mission. MSM faculty and alumni are noted in their fields for excellence in teaching, research and public policy.
The vision of MSM is to lead the creation and advancement of health equity.
The division of Neurology under the department of Medicine is growing!
- Opportunities for General Neurology as well as Subspecialty areas
- Candidates on visa are welcome
- Niche opportunities for fellowship trained neurologists
- Best mix of clinical, teaching and research opportunities
- Diverse patient population
- Grady Health System is one of the largest safety net health systems in the United States and consists of the 953-bed Grady Memorial Hospital that provides comprehensive healthcare
- Outpatient clinics at multiple locations tailored to your practice
- Train future neurologists by participating in the Neurology residency training program
- Newly approved program starting in July 2023
- Opportunities to collaborate with basic science researchers
- the department of Neurobiology offers opportunities for research in genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, single cell patch clamp neurophysiology, epilepsy neurophysiology etc.
- Diverse patient population
- Be part of a great team that delivers health equity through culturally competent care
- Extensive referral networks
- Excellent practice and administrative support
- Board certified/eligible in Neurology at time of employment
- Fellowship training for subspecialties
- Licensed in the state of GA by the time of employment
- DEA, NPI & prescriptive authority
Reports to: Division Chief
Listed by Lonely Planet as Best in Travel 2022 https://discoveratlanta.com/
Atlanta airport was listed as the world’s busiest airport until 2019 (pre-pandemic) and connects you to the world.
The city is the heart of civil rights movement and has several commemorative historic sites, landmarks and museums.
Atlanta is known as the “City in the Forest” with several parks, creeks and trails within the city.
The city offers year-around outdoor activities, has great food and dining for all palates, and has a thriving music scene.
In a mere two hours drive are the north Georgia mountains, and a four-hour drive will take you to the Georgia coast, with cities like Savannah, filled with Southern charm.
Please send a letter of interest and current CV to: Uma Menon, MD, MBA: email@example.com
Work at Morehouse School of Medicine
Join Us On Our Mission
Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) is a place of distinction, serving as the nation’s leading academic medical center for vulnerable populations. It’s also a place for passionate individuals looking to join a dedicated community working today to help prepare tomorrow’s leaders.
We exist to:
- Improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities;
- Increase the diversity of the health professional and sceintific workforce;
- Address primary health care through programs in education, research and service;
With emphasis on people of color and the underserved urban and rural populations in Georgia, the nation and the world.
At Morehouse School of Medicine we're leading the creation and advancement of health equity. We're looking for leaders like you to continue this charge.
MSM’s talented workforce embraces excellence in its efforts to reach its strategic goals and help serve the underserved. Our school is a leading educator of primary care physicians and is recognized for its teaching, research and public policy. We know those achievements are only made possible with one of our greatest assets: our people.
Opportunity, community and a sense of purpose await you at MSM.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert