Coastal Charleston, SC | Movement Disorders Neurology Faculty
Join a team that’s Changing What’s Possible – The Medical University of South Carolina’s Movement Disorders program is a clinical leader in the state. As the first Parkinson’s Foundation of Center of Excellence in South Carolina, MUSC offers the only comprehensive movement disorders program in the state with an interdisciplinary care model, opportunities for patients to participate in clinical trials, patient support and educational programs.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Focus on collaboration, innovation, and teamwork
- Expertise in the specific areas of Movement Disorders, such as Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease, Dystonia and specifically Deep Brain Stimulation
- Board certification in Neurology, and completion of a movement disorders fellowship
- Academic orientation, enthusiasm for teaching, passion for outreach and research
- Position focused on outpatient care
- Very strong interdisciplinary specialty support
- Involvement in the teaching of medical students, neurology residents, and fellows
- Opportunity to participate in the movement disorders clinical research program with many possibilities for collaboration university-wide, as well as senior investigators and PIs available for mentorship
- Ability to incorporate up to 40% of time into the position with the Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Protected research time available depending on candidate’s qualifications and background
- Minimal call – only 1-2 nights per month
- Special interests fully supported
About MUSC’s Movement Disorders Division:
- Collaborative and intellectually stimulating team composed of 7 Faculty, 2 APPs, research coordinators, nursing staff, and comprehensive administrative support
- Advanced diagnostics, multidisciplinary planning, and a full spectrum of medical and innovative therapies
- Division is active in research and highly collaborative with MUSC’s neurosciences program, the College of Health Professionals for Movement Rehabilitation, and the Center for Bio Imaging
- Division has achieved multiple national designations, including being designated as a Parkinson’s Foundation Center of Excellence, Huntington’s Disease Society of America Center of Excellence, and CurePSP Center of Care
Learn more about Neurosciences at MUSC: muschealth.org/medical-services/neurosciences
- Tenure-track faculty position with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications, expertise, and accomplishments
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Low Country cuisine prepared by world-class chefs. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country.
Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits!