Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology
- Smith Alzheimer's Center at SIU Medicine
- Springfield, Illinois
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Cognitive/Behavioral Neurology
- Full Time
This position will have knowledge and practical skills in the diagnosis and care of patients with dementia. This faculty member will provide specialized care for patients with dementia and related disorders and will be responsible for teaching the discipline to medical students and residents. The faculty member will have knowledge and experience to be an expert content source and mentor for more junior providers. The faculty member will also be expected to maintain a clinical practice at the forefront of best practices and develop a research program in the area of dementia and neurodegenerative disease.
To see more information about the position, the Smith Alzheimer's Center, SIU Medicine and the community, you can learn more here.
- Board eligible or certified in neurology and completion of at least one year of fellowship training or equivalent experience in dementia or behavioral neurology, including experience in translational research.
- Clinical and academic accomplishments appropriate for appointment at the Associate Professor level.
- Sensitive to the needs of underrepresented minority populations.
- The successful candidate will be a licensed physician and neurologist with special expertise in dementia and/or behavioral neurology, and a strong record of research productivity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert