Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a highly qualified clinically-oriented vascular neurologist with an interest in neuro-hospital care is being sought to complement our practice in a large local community medical center. In partnership with a major health system in Northern New Jersey, we are seeking a neuro-hospitalist who will be part of a dramatically growing clinical service.
A summary of duties are listed but not limited to the following:
- Resume primary responsibility on the stroke service for up to 18 weeks and provide supervision to residents.
- Respond to brain attack team (BAT Calls), including management of acute stroke patients.
- Develop an outpatient practice in both the faculty practice clinic as well as the hospital ambulatory clinic.
- Examine and monitor patients who may have suffered a TIA.
- Provide on-going rehabilitation to patients who have suffered a stroke.
- Work closely with emergency physicians to care for patients coming in through the emergency room.
- Work in collaboration with vascular surgeons, referring patients for surgery where necessary; and increasingly with interventional neuroradiologists, referring patients for clot retrieval therapy.
- Assist the Director in developing hospital and community stroke services and education in stoke.
- Educate and mentor fellows, residents, and medical students.
- Participate in Community Outreach.