Leading Academic Medical Center in Pennsylvania Seeking Faculty
- RosmanSearch, Inc.
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
The Department of Neurology is a strong, growing department and has a complement of 32 adult neurologists, who see over 1,200 in-patient and 20,000 outpatient cases each year. The basic science and clinical research programs are rapidly expanding, and include outstanding programs in epilepsy, stroke, ALS, and other neurological conditions. Additionally, the neurologists in this group supervise a class of 4 residents per year, as well as fellows in vascular neurology, clinical neurophysiology, and neuromuscular diseases. They are seeking general neurologists to join the faculty as the Access Clinic demand continues to grow. The Access Clinic is a collaborative team of neurologists and APPs, meant to shorten the wait time for patients' initial assessments of neurological concerns.
The healthcare system is also developing a close and collaborative relationship between the community and academic arms, to bring the very best in patient care to the greater communities in the region. Opportunities exist for inpatient and outpatient neurologists at various practices throughout the region.
- 628 beds;
- 31-bed Neuro-ICU
- Level 1 trauma center
- Over 65,000 emergency room visits per year
- Home to 254,000 square-foot Biomedical Research Building
- In 2013 there were over 27,000 admissions, 27,000 surgical cases, and more than 893,000 outpatient visits
- More than 1,100 primary and specialist physicians and advanced practice providers
General Neurology Highlights:
- Join two neurologists and the team of APPs in the General Neurology Division
- Opportunity to take part in telehealth program
- The schedule is flexible, with part of your week seeing patients in clinic and part of your week collaborating with APPs in the Access Clinic
- The goal of the Access Clinic is to improve the wait time for patients by providing an initial consultation and if needed, referring to the appropriate subspecialist within the department.
Neuromuscular Position Highlights:
- Teach neuromuscular and clinical neurophysiology fellows
- ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence, seeing over 80 new ALS patients each year in an interdisciplinary clinic, with the use of telehealth for follow-up. This is a nationally recognized center providing outstanding patient care and conducting clinical research
- MDA Center
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing capabilities, including neuromuscular ultrasound and autonomic testing capabilities in addition to EMG, and substantial research opportunities
Movement Disorders Position Highlights:
- Providing BOTOX and DBS
- Close collaboration with functional neurosurgeon performing DBS implants
- Active ongoing NIH-funded clinical research projects and opportunities for faculty involvement
Neuroimmunology Position Highlights:
- Recognized as a Center for Comprehensive MS Care
- Neurologists supported by a well-knit team of support staff, including a dedicated APP, RN nurse navigator and LPN, a specialty pharmacist, pharmacy technician and pre-authorization staff, as well as a shared social worker
- Infusion capability at the hospital and outpatient facilities
- With a large population of MS patients and strong basic research in neuroimmunology on campus, the opportunities for research are excellent.
Cognitive Neurology Position Highlights:
- Individuals with basic or clinical research experience are welcome and will be well supported
- Opportunity to see cognitive cases 100% of the time
- No competition in the region for cases of Alzheimer’s and related dementias
- Position is supported by a shared social worker, two psychometrists, two neuropsychologists (with plans to add a third neuropsychologist and third psychometrist), and family training and education resources are available
- Collaboration with Dementia Care Clinic in Geriatrics for caring for patients with more advanced dementia
Stroke Position Highlights:
- Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center;
- Recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus award for six consecutive years;
- Close collaboration with neurosurgeons, endovascular specialists and neuroradiologists
- Teach residents and stroke fellows
Community Practice Highlights:
- Flexible scheduling options
- 100% outpatient, no call opportunities
- Neurohospitalist opportunities
- Participate in clinical research
- Subspecialty interests welcomed in the context of a general neurology practice
Situated between major East Coast cities, Central Pennsylvania is an ideal region to create roots. You’re only a few hours from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City, but with much less traffic and a much better cost of living. The numerous towns and communities dotting the foothills offer something for everyone, whether you appreciate an idyllic downtown setting or a more a private home, with land surrounding you.
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!
RosmanSearch is a permanent physician recruitment firm. We place quality providers with quality practices nationwide. We are the only search firm with dedicated teams specializing in neurosciences. We have worked hard to become the industry leaders in neurosurgery and neurology recruitment services and are very excited to add urology to our growing list of specialty areas. We set out to create a completely new type of recruitment service – a truly expert, high-integrity search service you can trust. Our large, dedicated team of specially-trained neurology recruiters possess detailed knowledge of:
- How your neurology subspecialty can impact your compensation, as well as current market information relevant to your particular job search;
- How your choice of whether to join an independent practice, a hospital-employed community practice, or an academic practice is likely to impact your ability to develop the type of subspecialized practice you may want;
- How the type of practice you join is likely to impact your short-term and long-term compensation;
- Different types of inpatient and outpatient call structures and call pay; and
- How your location may impact your compensation.
We offer the following free services to all job-seeking neurologists, neurosurgeons, and urologists:
- Expert job search assistance: Our neurology recruiters know all of the programs in the country and can help you decide the best option (even if it's not through us!).
- Contract & CV review: We have reviewed thousands of physician CVs and contracts. We know what to look for to ensure your CV and contract are as competitive as possible.
- Compensation benchmarking: We consult with the MGMA and our own internal compensation data to identify and understand the compensation trends for each region, subspecialty, and practice type.
- Negotiation advice: We want to make sure you are receiving the best offer available! We give tips and advice to help ensure your negotiation is as favorable as possible.
- Interview preparation: Our neurology recruiters have resources for you to prepare for all kinds of interviews: Phone screenings, video interviews, and site visits.
- Search timeline consulting: We know the best time to begin your job search for all different search needs. Candidates who need H1-b or J-1 visa waiver support will have different considerations.
- To advise you honestly
- To help you spend your time wisely in the recruitment process
- To earn your respect through our expertise and professionalism
To learn more about our positions, please browse and apply directly below. You can also search for specific positions using our neurology job search tool on our website. Alternatively, you can set up a free, personalized conversation with one of our neurology recruitment experts, who will discuss your wants and needs for a new neurology position and share with you any and all opportunities that align with your parameters. You can fill out our contact form here.
We can’t wait to hear from you and get started helping you in your neurology search!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert