Neurohospitalist at TSE Level 1 Comprehensive Stroke Center/ Level II Trauma Center in Boise, ID
- Saint Alphonsus
- Boise, Idaho
- Competitive and Generous Package - Sign-on, student loan repayment, relo, retirement, and more!
- Closing date
- Feb 21, 2023
- Full Time
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a physician-led, 500+ provider multi-specialty group seeking a BC/BE Neurologist committed to a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care.
- Inpatient opportunity, caring for stroke and general neurology patients at our Time Sensitive Emergency Level 1 (Comprehensive) Stroke Center, in Boise, ID
- Diagnostic and patient care services available to neurologists include EMG capability in the clinic and the hospital, EEG with web-based interpretation, TCD, and Botox injection
- Robust Neurosciences team including neurosurgeons, neurologists and vascular neurologists, neurointensivists, neuroradiologists, neuropathologists, neuro-otolaryngologists, physiatrists, a neuro-ophthalmologist and oncologists.
- Strong organizational support and investment in Neurosciences. Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Cener is opening Idaho's first and only Neuro/Trauma ICU in March 2023. The unit will include 18 Neuro/Trauma ICU beds and 17 Neuro step-down beds
Support Services: Well-established neurology outpatient clinic and inpatient neurology program located in Boise, third party tele-stroke services staffed by vascular neurologists, stroke coordinators, interventional neuroradiology service that includes biplane angiography, MRI/ MRA, CT/CTA, CT perfusion, 4-vessel angiography, and interventional stroke and aneurysm procedures.
Schedule: 7-on, 7-off
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree;
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency-training program in Neurology; Fellowship in Neurohospitalist Stroke, Neurovascular or other a plus but not required
- Board certified or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment;
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at Saint Alphonsus and affiliated hospitals as needed;
- Valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
Compensation and Benefits
Generous compensation and benefits package including sign-on incentives, student loan repayment, relocation, CME Allocation, Malpractice Insurance (including tail), retirement with match, and Health/Dental/Vision.
For more information contact Tiffanie Davis at email@example.com or (208) 302-9126.
Saint Alphonsus Health System has the region's most advanced Trauma Center (level II), which recognizes our dedication to providing the highest quality, most optimal care for all critically ill and injured patients. This distinction ensures we maintain the highest standards for chest pain, stroke, orthopedic and general surgery and emergency care. It also creates a foundation of medical excellence, innovation, and collaboration that makes the overall care all our patients receive throughout the region, that much better.
Saint Alphonsus is the leading provider of advanced, innovative and interdisciplinary neurological services, and was the region's first Joint Commission Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Saint Alphonsus neurologists and neurosurgeons have advanced training and experience to provide care for patients with complex neurologic conditions. Our collaborative team approach includes neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, vascular surgeons, neurologists, neuropathologists, physiatrists, oncologists and neuro optometrists focused on delivering the best options and outcomes to patients.
With a stroke, time is of the essence. Our facility is a TSE Level 1 Comprehensive Stroke Center. Our team provides remote care and consults to stroke patients, through telemedicine services, at nearly all emergency departments throughout the region. We also excel in utilizing the latest technology to attack strokes such as biplane angiography, MRI/MRA, CT/CTA, CT perfusion, 4-vessel angiography, and interventional stroke and aneurysm procedures. Learn more about the region's most advanced neuroscience program.
In 2023, our new Neuro/Trauma ICU in Boise will open, adding 18 Neuro/Trauma ICU beds and 17 Neuro step down beds. The unit is licensed for variable acuity and brings together a collaborative team of fellowship-trained physicians and state-of the art technology and equipment including a Ceribell ® Point-of-Care EEG and a Siemens Portable CT.
Our Core Values
- Reverence - We honor the sacredness and dignity of every person.
- Commitment to Those Who are Poor - We stand with and serve those who are poor, especially those most vulnerable.
- Safety - We embrace a culture that prevents harm and nurtures a healing, safe environment for all.
- Justice - We foster right relationships to promote the common good, including sustainability of Earth.
- Stewardship - We honor our heritage and hold ourselves accountable for the human, financial and natural resources entrusted to our care.
- Integrity - We are faithful to who we say we are.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert