Fulfilling the promise of medicine
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and an over 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We currently have the following opportunities available for Child Neurologists to join a group of Child Neurologists and Child Neurology RN Case Managers:
BC/BE CHILD NEUROLOGIST
Located in the East San Francisco Bay Area, our Oakland & Richmond service areas cover Alameda, Berkeley, Oakland, Pinole, and Richmond. The area offers a unique mix of vibrant urban lifestyle with easy access to nature. Outdoor enthusiasts regularly take advantage of over 100 miles of East Bay trails for hiking, biking, and ultra-running, with nearby Tahoe skiing an easy commute away. Foodies will love the Michelin star restaurants, explosion of craft breweries, lively music and club scene, and nearby Napa wineries. And don’t forget about the professional and recreational sports teams—including the 2015, 2017 and 2018 NBA Champion Golden State Warriors!!
BC/BE CHILD NEUROLOGISTS
Opportunities in Roseville, California
- Epileptology (full-time): Seeking a candidate with an Epileptology background.
- General (contract): Subspecialty expertise such as Epileptology, Neuromuscular, Neuroimmunology, Headache, or other is a welcome addition, but not required for this general child neurology position.
We have a busy outpatient practice with strong ancillary support for video visits, telephone visits, and clinic visits in our Roseville hub and 7 satellite clinics in Northern & Central California. Our broad geographic coverage leads to care for a wide range of neuropathology. Inpatient call in our Children’s Hospital (32-bed pediatric ward, 10-bed PICU, and 60-bed level 3 NICU) is one week in four.
You will join our vibrant 30+ Pediatric Subspecialty department family (11 medical and 6 surgical pediatric specialties) with whom we collaborate closely to integrate patient care. We are part of a larger regional group of Pediatric Neurologists and Surgical Pediatric Epileptologists in Kaiser Permanente Northern California. The right candidate will have a strong team mentality, broad exposure within pediatric neurology, excellent empathic bedside manner, and a desire to innovate Child Neurology care in a supportive environment.
Roseville is one of the North Valley’s most prosperous cities and offers an idyllic location at the base of the Sierra Nevada foothills with a climate that’s ideal for those who love to enjoy the outdoors all year long. Located an easy driving distance from some of California’s most popular recreational attractions, including Lake Tahoe, Folsom Lake and the Napa Valley wine country, the regional also offers affordable home prices, a reasonable cost-of-living, great schools and scenic surroundings.
BC/BE CHILD NEUROLOGIST
Santa Clara, California
We are currently seeking a part-time (70% time) BC/BE Child Neurologist to join our group of Child Neurologists. Subspecialty expertise such as Neuromuscular, Neuroimmunology, Headache, or other would be appreciated, but not required for this general child neurology position. Responsibilities for this clinical position include consultations in the inpatient and outpatient pediatric setting diagnosing and caring for children with a wide range of neuropathology. Outpatient care will include video visits, telephone visits and clinic visits in our Santa Clara hub and two local satellite clinics.
The inpatient setting at our Santa Clara Medical Center includes a 26-bed level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 24-bed Pediatric ward and 7-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit staffed 24/7 by Pediatric Hospitalists and Pediatric Critical Care/Intensivists. You will join our vibrant, collaborative Santa Clara Pediatric Subspecialty department family, including Cardiology, Child Abuse, Development, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology & Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology and Rheumatology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pediatric Surgical Specialties. Our group enjoys the support of its team of case managers, registered dietitians, social workers, embedded child psychologists, child life and support staff.
In addition to our local colleagues, we are part of a larger regional group of Pediatric Neurologists and Surgical Pediatric Epileptologists in Kaiser Permanente Northern California. The right candidate will have a strong team mentality, broad exposure within pediatric neurology, excellent empathic bedside manner, and a desire to innovate Child Neurology care in a supportive environment.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing. No RVUs!
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $250,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at: https://northerncalifornia.permanente.org/careers/.
If you are interested, please contact: Judy Padilla, Regional Recruiter, Physician Recruitment Services, at: Judy.G.Padilla@kp.org or 510-625-5915. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor