In partnership with the University of Arizona, the Department of Neurology is now interviewing Vascular Neurologists to join our diverse community at Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix. A leader in neurological medicine, our multidisciplinary stroke program is the first-choice destination center for patients with complex stroke being referred from throughout the Southwestern region. As a primary referral site from Banner Health physicians, one of the nation's largest health systems, our certified comprehensive stroke center team has an ongoing collaboration with the regional, system, and state stroke organizations. We also proudly partner with the University of Arizona as an academic center hosting multiple training programs- including an active neurology residency program and developing associated fellowship programs with encouraged academic and research collaborations. The candidate selected will have the opportunity to develop a full-time clinical practice, educate residents and medical students, be encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research, and will have a faculty appointment consistent with their credentials.
Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally-known teaching hospital for future physicians with more than 730 beds as a Level 1 Trauma facility. As one of the largest and most comprehensive facilities in Arizona, this academic medical center provides a full complement of subspecialties including cardiac care, transplant services, oncology, high-risk obstetrics, CARF-certified stroke, head injury and general inpatient rehabilitation, epilepsy center, Alzheimer’s Institute, and 21 outpatient clinics on campus in primary and specialty care.
- Stroke Team: 4 Vascular Neurologists, 1 Nurse Practitioner, and 2 Program Coordinators
- 100% Stroke and Vascular Neurology (Inpatient/Outpatient) practice
- Collaboration with: Neurology, Neurosurgery, Interventional/Neuro-Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery, Cardiology, and Critical Care
- Academic Appointment with the University of Arizona; Didactic Teaching of Residents, Fellows, and Medical Students
- Varied practice with multiple opportunities, components, and roles
- Opportunities for clinical/science research and academic collaboration
- A full continuum of care from community education and prevention, EMS engagement, acute management, and inpatient care with neurosciences ICU, CARF-certified stroke inpatient rehabilitation, and outpatient stroke clinic
- ABPN certification/eligibility: Neurology
- Fellowship Training in Vascular Neurology
- Experienced and Graduating Vascular Neurologists are encouraged to apply
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental, and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind, and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- 100k Loan Repayment available, plus Public Service Loan
- Forgiveness Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME Allowance
- Legal, Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or deferred options, employee perks, and discounts
Iconic Landscapes. Picture Perfect Skies. It’s time to go beyond. Greater Phoenix, AZ is the nation’s sunniest metropolis and the cosmopolitan heart of the majestic Arizona desert. It's a city that basks in year-round sunshine with stunning Sonoran Desert scenery. Phoenix is the United States’ sixth-largest city with a population of over 1.4 million, home to 200+ golf courses, MLB Spring Training mecca, daytrip drive to six different lakes, culturally enriches with a plethora of museums, as well as an extensive offering of casual patio dining, destination spas, and upscale shopping. The area offers miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails, professional sports, world-class theater, and exceptional musical entertainment. Adventure, fresh air, and beautiful sunsets… Arizona has it all.
IF INTERESTED, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR CONSIDERATION TO LINDA MONTANO, DOCTORS@BANNERHEALTH.COM FOR CONSIDERATION; OR APPLY DIRECTLY AT PRACTICEWITHUS.BANNERHEALTH.COM FOR LIVE APPLICATION TRACKING. THANK YOU!
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the healthcare field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.