The University of Minnesota seeks a new faculty member who is board-certified or board-eligible to join the Divison of Pediatric Neurology in the Department of Neurology. After a recent expansion, our division now includes 6 pediatric neurology faculty members and an advanced practitioner, and we are dedicated to further growth and an elevated academic profile. The opening is for a non-tenure track clinician who also has an interest in teaching. Clinical research interests may be accommodated.
Our faculty are actively engaged in the teaching of medical students, adult neurology residents, and pediatric residents, with abundant opportunities to mentor other learners. Our division is an integral component of the Department of Neurology, which has robust research, education, and clinical activities and resources. The Department had over $8 million in NIH funding in 2020. We also collaborate actively with the Department of Pediatrics in all these domains and have strong relationships with other departments.
We practice at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital located in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN. The children’s hospital features the Twin Cities’ widest range of pediatric specialists and 254-staffed beds. In 2022, three medical specialties at University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s annual “Best Children’s Hospitals” list—more than any other children’s hospital in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. This is the 14th consecutive year that our hospital has received national honors from U.S. News & World Report.
What we offer
- A full array of outpatient and inpatient neurophysiology resources as well as a comprehensive team of pediatric neuropsychologists, neuroradiologists, psychiatrists, geneticists, and ketogenic dieticians.
- Numerous opportunities to engage in clinical research activities. Other areas of subspecialty expertise in the division include neuromuscular disorders, headache, neuro-immunology, neurogenetics, and neonatal neurology.
- A supportive environment working with top university colleagues and some of the best pediatric neurosurgeons in the country.
- Competitive compensation and robust benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, and best-in-industry retirement match.
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Graduate of an accredited Pediatric Neurology residency training program and Board Certified or Board Prepared
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure Ability to obtain and/or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Excellent teaching and interpersonal skills
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.