Join a dynamic neurology team of stroke neurologists, neuro-hospitalists, interventional neurologists and neurosurgeon as a general, outpatient neurologist. Must have an MD or equivalent, be board eligible or board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. 2024 J1 visa sponsorship available.
- Ability to build and grow a subspecialty
- Ability to have autonomy and decision making with a supportive and collegial group Works collaboratively with our neuro-intervention/stroke department
- The practice sees a mix of pathology that includes movement disorders, headaches, epilepsy, stroke, cognitive disorders, neuro-muscular disorders and sleep disorders.
- Your panel of patients will be filled immediately from a robust referral network from the surrounding 6 counties.
- Work Monday - Friday with shared practice call. A team of neuro-hospitalists currently covers all inpatient care and hospital call.
- Our clinic is located 1-1/2 miles from the hospital in a medical mall which also houses a sleep lab, EEG and EMG lab, medical lab, radiology and rehab services, as well as mny primary and specialty physician offices.
- Our current providers read both EMGs and EEGs.
- The hospital's accredited Primary Stroke Center recently earned the Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center Certification from The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Clinical appointment
- EPIC EMR
What we Offer
- $35K sign-on bonus plus relocation assistance
- $3,500 CME allowance plus five days
- Twenty days PTO plus seven holidays
- Competitive base salary plus RVU bonus commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a Joint Commission certified stroke center with 24/7 care and a renowned interventional Neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- As an outpatient neurologist, you can choose to live in the Altoona/Hollidaysburg area or State College (hometown of Penn State University's main campus). Both communities offer safe and enriching environments to enjoy work/life balance
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Excellent school systems Abundant cultural amenities including theatre, symphony, minor league baseball, transportation history, festivals, Big10 sports and national touring performing artists Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC
- Mountains to climb and ski, rivers and lakes to paddle and fish, trails and roadways to bike, numerous golf courses, tennis and pickle ball courts – right here!
- Everything you need within a 15-minute drive – no rush hour traffic, no parking fees
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.