Novant Health Pediatric Neurology and Sleep is seeking a caring and compassionate BC/BE Pediatric Neurologist to join our rapidly growing pediatric specialty team. This position is located in Charlotte, NC with satellite locations in the south market of Mecklenburg County. This is a full-time position. Medical Directorship opportunity exists as well.
- NH Pediatric Neurology and Sleep is primarily outpatient with some hospitalist duties for Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital Medical Center and is part of large pediatric multi-specialty system with an excellent built-in referral base
- Patient population would include general neurology patients
- The practice has a location in the south market of Mecklenburg County, centrally located in Charlotte, NC
- The physician would help to rotate coverage for the pediatric inpatient floor, PICU, NICU, and pediatric emergency department for one-week rotations with other child neurologists
- Along with the NH Adult Neurology and Sleep service line, NH Pediatric Neurology and Sleep is associated with an NAEC level IV epilepsy center offering adult and pediatric epilepsy monitoring
- Both the pediatric outpatient EEG lab and pediatric EMU upgraded to Cadwell hardware and software systems in 2020
- NH Pediatric Neurology and Sleep has a full-time pediatric neuropsychologist on staff and works with the service line pediatric dietitian to manage ketogenic diet
Pediatric Specialty at Novant Health:
- Available level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) provides infants with the highest possible level of care
- Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital is a member of the prestigious Children’s Hospital Association
- Hemby Children’s Hospital is a Magnet Health Care facility recognized for excellence in nursing
- The St. Jude Affiliate Clinic at Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital has been recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a hemophilia care Center of Excellence
- A comprehensive offering of pediatric sub-specialties including neurology, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, infectious disease, oncology and hematology, sleep medicine, nephrology, developmental and behavioral pediatrics, and sports medicine
Novant Health offers:
- 2-year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System-wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2021, Novant Health was the highest-ranking healthcare system in North Carolina to be included on Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Diversity MBA Magazine ranked Novant Health first in the nation on its 2021 list of “Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work.”
- In 2020, Novant Health provided more than $1.02 billion in community benefit, including financial assistance and services.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine required
- Completion of an accredited residency program required
- For specialty physicians - completion of an accredited fellowship program specific to medical specialty
- Current MD license in appropriate state
- Board certification or eligibility
- Current DEA license required
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".