Leadership & Research-Focused Behavioral Neurology Directorship in Southern California
- RosmanSearch, Inc.
- Southern California
- $250,000 - $300,000
- Closing date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Cognitive/Behavioral Neurology, Other
- Full Time
A large medical research institute in southern California is excited to welcome a research-focused neurologist with interests in Cognitive/Behavioral Neurology to serve as Director of Behavioral Neurology, and join their new Chair of Neurosciences. A primary role of the Director will be to run an ongoing cohort study, part of a clinical research program focusing on early biomarkers of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Research-focused leadership opportunity (potential for some clinic, if desired)
- Join the program’s new Chair of Neurosciences in expanding the robust Behavioral research program
- Full support for migrating current research to the program
- Lead and grow the study’s dynamic team, with potential to bring on any current lab staff, and/or expand the program over time
- Work with clinical coordinators and PhD scientists investigating early biomarkers of Alzheimer’s in CSF, blood and urine, and EEG and MRI findings
- Connect with clinical participants about outcomes and any incidental medical findings
- Engage in existing collaborative relationships with other Los Angeles area research institutions
- Run a clinical consensus conference 1-2 times per month to review clinical participants’ results
- The ideal candidate will have a track record consistent with early career grant awards and publications
- Early-career and experienced Neurologists encouraged to apply
- Flexible Schedule
Los Angeles is the most populous city in California and the second-most populous city in the United States. The Los Angeles area is the cultural, financial, and social center of Southern California. Known for its Mediterranean-like climate, ethnic diversity, entertainment industry, and sprawling metropolis, it has something for everyone. Always within an hour from different outdoor areas such as the beach, mountains, desert, or forests, anyone can find an appealing place to call home. With a booming food industry, food of all national origins can be easily found with plentiful food trucks, family restaurants, and both upscale and casual dining. There are over 140 school districts in the Los Angeles area that offer Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and gifted programs for families, many of which have an A+ rating. Culture, climate, education, job opportunities for families – the Los Angeles area has it all!
For more information or for any questions, email us at email@example.com. Browse all of our positions here!
RosmanSearch is a permanent physician recruitment firm. We place quality providers with quality practices nationwide. We are the only search firm with dedicated teams specializing in neurosciences. We have worked hard to become the industry leaders in neurosurgery and neurology recruitment services and are very excited to add urology to our growing list of specialty areas. We set out to create a completely new type of recruitment service – a truly expert, high-integrity search service you can trust. Our large, dedicated team of specially-trained neurology recruiters possess detailed knowledge of:
- How your neurology subspecialty can impact your compensation, as well as current market information relevant to your particular job search;
- How your choice of whether to join an independent practice, a hospital-employed community practice, or an academic practice is likely to impact your ability to develop the type of subspecialized practice you may want;
- How the type of practice you join is likely to impact your short-term and long-term compensation;
- Different types of inpatient and outpatient call structures and call pay; and
- How your location may impact your compensation.
We offer the following free services to all job-seeking neurologists, neurosurgeons, and urologists:
- Expert job search assistance: Our neurology recruiters know all of the programs in the country and can help you decide the best option (even if it's not through us!).
- Contract & CV review: We have reviewed thousands of physician CVs and contracts. We know what to look for to ensure your CV and contract are as competitive as possible.
- Compensation benchmarking: We consult with the MGMA and our own internal compensation data to identify and understand the compensation trends for each region, subspecialty, and practice type.
- Negotiation advice: We want to make sure you are receiving the best offer available! We give tips and advice to help ensure your negotiation is as favorable as possible.
- Interview preparation: Our neurology recruiters have resources for you to prepare for all kinds of interviews: Phone screenings, video interviews, and site visits.
- Search timeline consulting: We know the best time to begin your job search for all different search needs. Candidates who need H1-b or J-1 visa waiver support will have different considerations.
- To advise you honestly
- To help you spend your time wisely in the recruitment process
- To earn your respect through our expertise and professionalism
To learn more about our positions, please browse and apply directly below. You can also search for specific positions using our neurology job search tool on our website. Alternatively, you can set up a free, personalized conversation with one of our neurology recruitment experts, who will discuss your wants and needs for a new neurology position and share with you any and all opportunities that align with your parameters. You can fill out our contact form here.
We can’t wait to hear from you and get started helping you in your neurology search!
30799 Pinetree Road, Suite #250
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert