Atrium Health Neurosciences Institute – Neurology (NIN) is seeking board certified/board eligible neurologists to join established outpatient neurology care locations in Gastonia, NC and in Shelby, NC.
The Neurology Department at Atrium Health is a rapidly growing network of 50+ neurologists and 20+ Neurology APPs that support 10 outpatient care locations across the greater Charlotte region. The department boasts both general and subspecialty neurologists including neuromuscular, cerebrovascular, epilepsy, neuroimmunology, movement, headache and cognitive specialties which allows for a strong network and referral base. The growing academic department brings exciting opportunities for innovative patient care, team-based care models, teaching and research.
What Atrium Health has to offer:
- $365K total clinical compensation with $40K sign on bonus.
- 2 year guaranteed base salary at one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations
- Collegial environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Growing non-profit healthcare system with over 900 care locations throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia
- Network of over 2500 employed physicians provides established referral base
About the position:
- Help establish a new neurology care in a rapidly growing Charlotte suburb
- Seeking experienced neurologist to practice comprehensive scope of neurology care but subspecialty interest can be supported.
- 100% outpatient. No inpatient responsibilities.
- Flexible schedule to include 32 clinical contact hours per week.
- Excellent referral base
- Access to the regional Carolinas Stroke Network
- No hospital call. Night call to cover outpatient practice only is shared among several other neurologists for rotation of approximately 1 in 12 weeks.
- Growing academic department with new 4-year medical school to open in 2024 brings many exciting growth opportunities.
- Teaching and research opportunities supported
- Faculty appointments through Wake Forest School of Medicine available for those interested.
Cleveland County is nestled in the foothills of the NC Blue Ridge Mountains, between Asheville and Charlotte, offering access to either, in about an hour’s drive. Cleveland County enjoys both a beautiful natural setting and the benefits of a near-urban locale offering cultural pursuits, fine dining, shopping, recreation, and athletics. Cleveland County is known for affordable real estate, a relaxed pace of life, highly rated public and post-secondary schools, and high-quality healthcare.