Exciting Academic Opportunity for both Alzheimer's Specialist & General Neurologist in Tennessee
- RosmanSearch, Inc.
- Eastern Tennessee
- Closing date
- Jan 28, 2023
- Cognitive/Behavioral Neurology, General Neurology
- Full Time
An academic medical center in Tennessee is looking for neurologists with specialty training in behavioral neurology to join as full-time members of a comprehensive multidisciplinary center exclusively devoted to the diagnosis and management of patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. The center is also seeking a General Neurologist to join the team.
The Alzheimer’s clinic is a multidisciplinary group of highly qualified specialists working together to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive disorders, as well as caregiver support. The 7500 square-foot clinic has been meticulously designed for the assessment and treatment of patients affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
The center takes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is coordinated by the neurology team as well as advanced registered nurse practitioners, social workers, and registered nurses. The Neurology Department is seeking an energetic general neurologist who will partner with the current neurology team and step into immediate patient volume.
Medical Center Highlights:
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Magnet recognized hospital
- Referral center for Eastern Tennessee, Southeastern Kentucky, North Georgia, and Western North Carolina/South Carolina
Alzheimer's Position Highlights:
- Behavioral Neurology fellowship required
- Full-time outpatient clinical setting
- Clinical trials participation encouraged
- Research experience welcomed
- Support of multidisciplinary team
- Opportunities for research
- Very comprehensive salary and benefits package
General Position Highlights:
- 100% Outpatient Position
- Opportunities and support for clinical trials, clinical research as well as teaching. Students and non-neurology residents regularly rotate through the clinic and can be proctored as desired. Opportunities for lectures and further teaching as desired as well
- Very flexible scheduling with a lot of provider autonomy
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive salary
- Support from nurse practitioners and social workers
- Additional compensation available for supervising medical students, speaking in lectures, and participating in clinical trials
- No inpatient or hospital call. No inpatient responsibilities.
This city is a thriving place to work and live. Located in beautiful East Tennessee at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, it is a vibrant community recently voted the “Best Place to Live Among Mid-Sized Cities” and highly ranked in economic growth. The cost of living is 6.6% lower than the national average and there is no state income tax. High-tech, aerospace, and automotive are just a few of the booming industries in Knoxville. The area is known for quality education, a temperate climate, and a great mix of big-city amenities and small-town friendliness. With a variety of neighborhoods from which to choose and an abundance of year-round recreational activities, Eastern Tennessee is truly a wonderful place to call home.
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!
RosmanSearch is a permanent physician recruitment firm. We place quality providers with quality practices nationwide. We are the only search firm with dedicated teams specializing in neurosciences. We have worked hard to become the industry leaders in neurosurgery and neurology recruitment services and are very excited to add urology to our growing list of specialty areas. We set out to create a completely new type of recruitment service – a truly expert, high-integrity search service you can trust. Our large, dedicated team of specially-trained neurology recruiters possess detailed knowledge of:
- How your neurology subspecialty can impact your compensation, as well as current market information relevant to your particular job search;
- How your choice of whether to join an independent practice, a hospital-employed community practice, or an academic practice is likely to impact your ability to develop the type of subspecialized practice you may want;
- How the type of practice you join is likely to impact your short-term and long-term compensation;
- Different types of inpatient and outpatient call structures and call pay; and
- How your location may impact your compensation.
We offer the following free services to all job-seeking neurologists, neurosurgeons, and urologists:
- Expert job search assistance: Our neurology recruiters know all of the programs in the country and can help you decide the best option (even if it's not through us!).
- Contract & CV review: We have reviewed thousands of physician CVs and contracts. We know what to look for to ensure your CV and contract are as competitive as possible.
- Compensation benchmarking: We consult with the MGMA and our own internal compensation data to identify and understand the compensation trends for each region, subspecialty, and practice type.
- Negotiation advice: We want to make sure you are receiving the best offer available! We give tips and advice to help ensure your negotiation is as favorable as possible.
- Interview preparation: Our neurology recruiters have resources for you to prepare for all kinds of interviews: Phone screenings, video interviews, and site visits.
- Search timeline consulting: We know the best time to begin your job search for all different search needs. Candidates who need H1-b or J-1 visa waiver support will have different considerations.
- To advise you honestly
- To help you spend your time wisely in the recruitment process
- To earn your respect through our expertise and professionalism
To learn more about our positions, please browse and apply directly below. You can also search for specific positions using our neurology job search tool on our website. Alternatively, you can set up a free, personalized conversation with one of our neurology recruitment experts, who will discuss your wants and needs for a new neurology position and share with you any and all opportunities that align with your parameters. You can fill out our contact form here.
We can’t wait to hear from you and get started helping you in your neurology search!
30799 Pinetree Road, Suite #250
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert