An academic medical center in Tennessee is looking for neurologists with specialty training in behavioral neurology to join as full-time members of a comprehensive multidisciplinary center exclusively devoted to the diagnosis and management of patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. The center is also seeking a General Neurologist to join the team.
The Alzheimer’s clinic is a multidisciplinary group of highly qualified specialists working together to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive disorders, as well as caregiver support. The 7500 square-foot clinic has been meticulously designed for the assessment and treatment of patients affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
The center takes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is coordinated by the neurology team as well as advanced registered nurse practitioners, social workers, and registered nurses. The Neurology Department is seeking an energetic general neurologist who will partner with the current neurology team and step into immediate patient volume.
Medical Center Highlights:
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Magnet recognized hospital
- Referral center for Eastern Tennessee, Southeastern Kentucky, North Georgia, and Western North Carolina/South Carolina
Alzheimer's Position Highlights:
- Behavioral Neurology fellowship required
- Full-time outpatient clinical setting
- Clinical trials participation encouraged
- Research experience welcomed
- Support of multidisciplinary team
- Opportunities for research
- Very comprehensive salary and benefits package
General Position Highlights:
- 100% Outpatient Position
- Opportunities and support for clinical trials, clinical research as well as teaching. Students and non-neurology residents regularly rotate through the clinic and can be proctored as desired. Opportunities for lectures and further teaching as desired as well
- Very flexible scheduling with a lot of provider autonomy
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive salary
- Support from nurse practitioners and social workers
- Additional compensation available for supervising medical students, speaking in lectures, and participating in clinical trials
- No inpatient or hospital call. No inpatient responsibilities.
This city is a thriving place to work and live. Located in beautiful East Tennessee at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, it is a vibrant community recently voted the “Best Place to Live Among Mid-Sized Cities” and highly ranked in economic growth. The cost of living is 6.6% lower than the national average and there is no state income tax. High-tech, aerospace, and automotive are just a few of the booming industries in Knoxville. The area is known for quality education, a temperate climate, and a great mix of big-city amenities and small-town friendliness. With a variety of neighborhoods from which to choose and an abundance of year-round recreational activities, Eastern Tennessee is truly a wonderful place to call home.
For more information or for any questions, email us at email@example.com. Browse all of our positions here!