Catholic Health (CH), named one of the country’s “Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare Magazine and honored by Newsday as a Top Workplace on Long Island, is a fully integrated health system comprised of six hospitals serving the communities of Long Island. CH is seeking a Pediatric Neurologist to join their team at Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) in West Islip, New York (NY).
GSH is a 537-bed teaching hospital with almost 900 physicians on staff; a Level II pediatric trauma center cares for nearly 950,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. They provide Suffolk County's only free standing Center for Pediatric Specialty Care along with satellite centers in Nassau County with additional expansions planned. Catholic Health's children's program provides services for the smallest patient through a Level III Neonatology Unit through adulthood. A separate and designated Pediatric Emergency Department is staffed 24/7 by physicians specifically trained in pediatric emergency medicine.
In addition to the multiple pediatric specialists and pediatric surgical specialties supporting a robust inpatient unit, PICU and Level III NICU, GSH also trains residents within their accredited pediatric residency training program and fellows in pediatric emergency medicine allowing the group to foster a team environment focused on evidence-based practice, continued learning and exceptional quality of care. As an integral member of our team, you will provide oversight and supervision of residents in training during their rotation in pediatric neurology and have an opportunity to obtain an academic appointment commensurate on your expertise and training.
- Development of robust Pediatric EEG and video EEG program providing evaluation and treatment of patients with specialty needs
- Evaluate and manage infants, children and adolescents with a variety of neurological concerns, including (but not limited to) inpatient and outpatient consultations and care of patients presenting with seizure disorders, headaches, intracranial lesions, etc.
- Supervising, overseeing and teaching medical students, interns, and residents rotating through the department and divisions
- Maintaining high standards and quality of patient care
- Promoting high quality, cost effective care based on the best medical evidence
- Participating in data collection to assess patient care and satisfaction studies
- Making best efforts to keep current with developments in pediatrics, medical management and related areas through CME programs, medical literature review and medical staff conferences
- Training in Pediatric Neurology and board certification/board eligibility in Neurology required
- An excellent base salary plus additional potential for incentive and full benefits are offered
- Employer paid pension plan in addition to a 403b employee contribution plan
- 32 days PTO and 12 sick days
- West Islip and surrounding towns are highly sought-after areas to live by professionals
- Great schools, beautiful homes, an abundance of shopping and restaurants along with its proximity to New York City are some of the appealing factors for those living in the area
- From professional sports, white sandy beaches, water activities, museums, golf, hunting and camping, ice skating, cross-country skiing and sledding - Long Island has it all!
Interested candidates, please contact: