Vidant Health is becoming ECU Health!
While our name change is official, the rebranding process will take several months to complete. Please note that during this transition period, you may see both brands represented in various places—online, in job postings and in the communication you receive.
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Neurology, located in Greenville, NC, is seeking a B/C or B/E Epileptologist to join 6 Neurologists and 2 Nurse Practitioners in an established practice. ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina.
ECU Health is an 8 hospital system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people. Greenville (population 90,000+) is located 80 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Position available due to programmatic expansion
- Outpatient focused position with minimal inpatient responsibilities
- The existing neuroscience team consists of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, a neuro-oncologist, stroke neurohospitalists, neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Large referral network including over 100 ECU Health practices and 9 ECU Health owned hospitals
- Strong inpatient support from in-house stroke team at ECU Health Medical Center
- ECU Health Medical Center is home to a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
ECU Health’s Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, neurology, general neurosurgery, vascular and endovascular neurosurgery, neuro-spine surgery, neuroradiology (including 24/7 in-house neuroradiology coverage), neuro-critical care and neuro-oncology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
ECU Health: ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care enterprise serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of more than 14,000 employees, nine hospitals, a children's hospital and two multi-specialty group practices with more than 1,100 providers in more than 150 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level 1 Trauma facility, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine. ECU Health and Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. For more information, visit ECUHealth.org.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
For more information, please contact in-house neuroscience recruiter, JoAnn Barnhill at 252-227-3471 or email@example.com
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.