JOIN THE NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE MEMORY CENTER TEAM IN LOUISVILLE, KY
CAREER OPPONITY FOR MEMORY DISORDER PYSICIANS
NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE, a part of Norton Healthcare, is seeking board-eligible or board-certified physicians to join our expanding Memory Center, specializing in memory disorders and Alzheimer’s disease. The ideal candidates may come from a variety of training backgrounds, but should have significant interest in the area of memory disorders and geriatrics and extensive experience in the clinical care of patients.
The ideal candidates will join a multidisciplinary team of neurologists, geriatricians, neuropsychologists and advanced practice providers. This is a unique opportunity to help expand a program specializing in memory disorders that only a few health care systems around the country offer.
Norton Neuroscience Institute Memory Center is a leader in providing neurological services to patients with memory disorders as the only comprehensive memory center in the region. In addition to patient care, the Memory Center’s rapidly growing research program participates in clinical trials, prevention studies and multicenter collaborations focused on basic and translational research. This center was designed to provide care that supports the patient and their family in a holistic way while pursuing the latest in treatment options and pioneering care in the field of memory disorders.
To support this growth, Norton Healthcare has invested over $100 million in developing Norton Neuroscience Institute to meet the growing needs of our community. This includes a $15 million investment in a 48,000-square-foot outpatient neuroscience center located on the Norton Brownsboro Hospital campus. This facility, which opened in 2021 and houses the Memory Center, is designed to facilitate a collaborative care model across neuroscience specialties while providing a single location of comprehensive care for patients.
Patients receive support resources through the Norton Neuroscience Institute Resource Centers, which offer educational, therapeutic, support and exercise programs at no cost to the patient. Patient navigators are on staff to assist patients and families with scheduling, transportation needs, financial challenges, nutrition counseling and more.
To discuss this opportunity, contact Angela Elliott, senior recruiter, providers, Norton Medical Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 613-1984. See all of our career opportunities at BeANortonDoctor.com.
ABOUT THE POSTITIONS
- Dedicated advanced practice providers and patient resource staff
- Opportunity to participate in research, including clinical trials and publications on dementia and Alzheimer’s disease prevention and treatment
- Participate in multidisciplinary boards to discuss and collaborate on treatment plans and strategies with a team of pharmacists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, physical therapists, nutritionists, social services coordinators and other support services
- Competitive compensation package, including sign-on bonus, relocation assistance and continuing medical education allowance
ABOUT NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE
NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE is a collaborative team of more than 75 subspecialized neuroscience providers, including:
- 14 neurosurgeons
- 3 neuropsychologists
- 2 licensed clinical social workers
- More than 35 advanced practice providers
- 19 Neurologists subspecialty-trained in:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Movement disorders
- Headache medicine
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Sports concussion
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
PROVIDER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Norton Provider Leadership Academy
- Leadership councils
- Clinical research support
- Chronic disease task forces
- Operational and electronic health record efficiency improvement
- Provider well-being program
- Community education
- Clinical quality initiatives
WHY NORTON HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR CAREER?
- Strong support network of advanced practice providers, nurse navigators, educators and social workers
- Strong continued investment in technology and physical spaces for improved patient care environments
- Ranked by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the 150 Top Places to Work In Healthcare in 2019
- Recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Women by Forbes (2018 and 2019)
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity