ChristianaCare, the largest healthcare system in Delaware, is recruiting for a full-time Vascular Neurologist to work in our Newark Campus (913 licensed beds) in Newark, DE. ChristianaCare is a high-volume Comprehensive Stroke Center serving four states. Position responsibilities include rotating on consult service and attending on the admitting stroke service, a 22-bed unit.
- Four BC Vascular Neurologists, three experienced general neurohospitalists, eight advanced practice practitioners and supported by a team of highly skilled RN’s.
- Recognized for high quality stroke care including the American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Stroke Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award.
- Works closely with the neurocritical care team, neurointerventional surgery team, stroke program coordinators and administration, and robust hospitalist services.
- Complemented by 12+ outpatient employed neurologists (including specialists in movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, sleep and neuromuscular disorders) who assist with night and weekend consult coverage.
- We also provide virtual service the Primary Stroke Center at Wilmington Hospital, Acute Stroke Ready Hospital at the Middletown Emergency Department, and the Cecil County Hospital.
- Exceptional internal telestroke network for afterhours coverage.
- 7 on 7 off work schedule option.
- No in house overnight call. Less than 1:6 overnight call.
- Our location: very competitive cost of living; culturally diverse; convenient to international airports; not subject to major weather swings.
- Teaching opportunities available with ChristianaCare residents.
- Nimble and cohesive colleagues focused on exceptional neurologic care as well as work / life balance.
- Competitive base salary and incentive bonus, generous paid time off, paid time and money for CME’s, paid protected parental leave, relocation assistance, 403b Company Match and Defined Contribution Plan.
- BC/BE in Neurology
- BC/BE Vascular Neurologist
- Eligible to obtain a medical license in Delaware & Maryland
ChristianaCare Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.