Neurologists with clinical and research expertise in ALS are invited to apply for a position at a large university in Pennsylvania, with a corresponding academic appointment (open rank, tenure-track or non-tenure track) at Penn State College of Medicine. A major asset of the department is a nationally recognized ALS program excelling in patient care, education, and clinical research. This recruitment is partially supported by a generous gift to the ALS program.
What we’re seeking:
- Professional degree – MD, DO, MD/PhD, DO/PhD, or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE in Neurology and Neuromuscular Neurology fellowship training or foreign equivalent
- Clinical experience in ALS with strong background in relevant clinical research and/or patient-oriented laboratory research
- The ideal candidate would have a track record of successful research funding
- Commitment of at least 50% time dedicated to research
- Candidates who will pursue and acquire external funding while being supported initially by a generous start-up package
- Excellent patient care abilities
- Interest in teaching in undergraduate and graduate medical education curriculum
What we offer:
- Outstanding ALS program with a national reputation
- Interaction with dynamic researchers, clinicians and educators across all neuroscience-related departments in a highly collaborative culture
- Cutting-edge basic and clinical neuroscience research and top-notch facilities at both hospital and university campuses, creating a cross-departmental clinician-scientist community.
- Faculty rank and track commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!