Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Medical Director Opportunity – Movement Disorders Neurology
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a BC neurologist to serve as Medical Director of Movement Disorders Neurology. Ideal candidate will be fellowship trained in Movement Disorders and have experience in selection, monitoring, and follow-up of patients eligible for Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) placement.
- Provide medical oversight, mentorship, and clinical guidance of the movement disorders services.
- Promote movement disorders services as appropriate.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives related to movement disorders services.
- Assist in training and education for movement disorders treatments as needed.
- Work with administration to identify equipment and support needed to provide services, as well as to evaluate the economic viability of such services.
- Meet and communicate regularly with Neurology and Neurosurgery team members as well as stakeholders responsible for movement disorders services including the DBS program.
- Contribute to the strategies of other clinical services for the medical group.
- Work in partnership with the local chapter Parkinson’s Disease support and towards a PD Center of Excellence.
- Medical Directorship duties will account for approx. .3 FTE or 12-15 hours per week.
- Neurology department supported by sixteen faculty of various sub-specialties including stroke, epilepsy, headache, multiple sclerosis, sleep medicine and neuromuscular disorders
- Accredited neurology residency program as well as vascular neurology fellowship.
- Neurosurgery department is supported by seven neurosurgeons with expertise in functional neurosurgery and Deep Brain Stimulator (DBS) implantation.
- Neuropsychologist support for presurgical assessment of DBS patients, as well as physical and occupational therapists trained in LSVT.
- Huntington’s Disease Center of Excellence.
- Affiliate appointment at the level of Assistant Professor or higher and the University of South Carolina School of Medicine commensurate with experience.
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
- Epic EMR
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Columbia is the state capital with a diverse population and a large selection of cultural amenities due to the University of South Carolina. In addition to having an affordable cost of living, it is very family friendly with good schools, a revitalized downtown, nationally ranked zoo, and children`s museums. Outdoor activities are a premium due to its rivers, 650 miles of Lake Murray shoreline and state and national parks within 30-minute drives.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Tina Owens, Manager, Physician Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE