An excellent academic medical center in the northeast is seeking an Interventional Pain Neurologist to join their regional multi-specialty neuromedicine team (Neurology, Neurosurgery, Pain Management). Be a part of a nationally- recognized program which is focused on the treatment of chronic pain in the setting of spinal disorders and neurological disease. The newly hired candidate will partner with a world-renowned leader in the field of Pain Medicine at a Pain Program that was awarded the American Pain Society Center of Excellence Award!
The program’s national and regional leadership owe to its integrated, outcomes driven approach to pain management delivered in close collaboration with eleven academic neurosurgeons supported by an extensive network of regional outreach clinics. The current team brings together clinicians from backgrounds in Neurology, Physical Therapy, Anesthesiology, and Nursing along with affiliate providers in pain psychology and rehabilitation specialties. There are presently nine investigator-initiated device and drug clinical trials focusing on chronic neuropathic pain and spinal disorders. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to pursue clinical research goals as well as practice with team of experienced clinicians.
About the University:
This University ranks in the top 25% in research funding, with more than $145 million in federal research funding. Research in the clinical and basic neurosciences constitute contributes the most to the University’s extramural research funding portfolio. The Department of Neurology and the Neuroscience Institute offer many collaborative opportunities in the research and clinical domains. The University Medical Center was one of the first 12 to receive a $40 million Clinical Translational Science Award from the National Institutes of Health. The hospital boasts programs that consistently rank among "America's Best Hospitals," according to U.S. News & World Report. Patients benefit from the Medical Center’s robust teaching and biomedical research programs.
- Interventional Pain neurology position with a well-established and busy practice
- New grads and experienced candidates are welcome to apply
- Opportunities to pursue clinical research goals
- Support from dedicated NP
- Very competitive salary guarantee with enhanced incentive and benefit package
- Provide direct patient care and oversight of patient care diagnosis and treatment plans for patients referred into the Pain Management Department
- Develop outpatient functional assessments of pain issues including acute and chronic pain, headaches, post traumatic neuralgia, musculoskeletal problems such as back and neck pain, radiculopathies, tendonitis, osteoarthritis, neuropathies, spasticity, and fibromyalgia
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary setting with physical therapy, pain psychology, addition medicine, and other nonpharmacological approaches
Located in a community that has the sophistication of a larger metro area, without the congestion or complications of a big city. Named "Best Small City" in America by Money Magazine, this city combines a cosmopolitan atmosphere with Midwestern hospitality. This city offers a terrific culinary scene includes wide-ranging, diverse ethnic flavors and many traditions in American fare. The city’s very talented chefs take advantage of the region's fresh produce. The city also offers fantastic shopping, historic settings, theatres, museums, and a wide array of recreational opportunities.
For more information or for any questions, email us at email@example.com. Browse all of our positions here!