Academic General Neurology in NC
East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine, located in Greenville, NC, is seeking a board eligible or board certified General Neurologist to join their growing Neurology Division. Sub-specialty interests supported. The successful candidate will join an academic group in a tenure track or fixed-term appointment at the rank/title of Assistant Professor or higher, commensurate with qualifications. ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed, Level 1 trauma center is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina.
• Hospital Privileges at ECU Health Medical Center
• Established academic Neurology practice that includes 5 Adult Neurologists, 1 Pediatric Neurologist and 4 Nurse Practitioners
• Teaching and Clinical Research opportunities
• Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities
• Inpatient Stroke call covered by ECU Health Medical Center Neurohospitalist team
• Extensive office support
• 1:1 nursing support
• On-site Infusion Suite
• In office Lab, EEG, EMG and Nerve Conduction
• ALS Clinic
• ECU Health Medical Center has a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a 75-bed CARF accredited rehabilitation center providing inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
• Benefits: NC State Benefits, Relocation Assistance, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Insurance, Disability, Life Insurance
Brody School of Medicine
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
• Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
• Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
• Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
• Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
• Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)227-3471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.