Academic Pediatric Neurology in NC
East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine, located in Greenville, NC, seeks a board eligible or board certified Pediatric Neurologist to join their Neurology Division. The successful candidate will join an academic group in a tenure track or fixed-term appointment at the rank/title of Assistant Professor or higher, commensurate with qualifications. Greenville is located 80 miles northwest of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
East Carolina University is affiliated with ECU Health, a 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed, Level 1 Trauma center, serves as the teaching hospital for East Carolina University.
• Employment with East Carolina University, Brody School of Medicine
• Hospital privileges at The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at ECU Health Medical Center - a 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility
• Strong support from East Carolina University Department of Pediatrics
• Established academic Neurology practice with 5 Adult Neurologists, 1 Pediatric Neurologist and 4 Nurse Practitioners
• 100% Pediatric Neurology
• Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities
• Teaching and Clinical Research opportunities
• Extensive office support
• On-site infusion suite
• 1:1 nursing
• In office Lab, EEG and EMG
• 10-Bed PICU and 38-Bed NICU
• Benefits: State Benefits, Relocation, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Insurance, Disability, Life Insurance
Brody School of Medicine
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
• Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
• Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
• Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
• Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
• Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)227-3471 or email@example.com.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.