The Allegheny Health Network (AHN), Neuroscience Institute is recruiting a full time Vascular Neurologist to serve as a Stroke Medical Director at our Comprehensive Stroke Center located at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh PA.
- Skilled clinician with Vascular Neurology Fellowship training to manage inpatient stroke service, participate in Telestroke service coverage, and staff outpatient vascular neurology clinics
- Serve as a Physician leader in a multi-specialty group practice and health care system
- Stroke Director is responsible for day to day operations at the site and is accountable for clinical, professional, administrative, education, research and quality issues
- Involved in establishing and managing hospital’s cerebrovascular program KPI performance, developing new initiatives as part of the Stroke Care Path and process improvement plans, safety and outcomes, and resource allocation within the stroke program
- Participate in the training and education of neurology residents
- Be a team player and active participant in the development and growth of the cerebrovascular program at the health network
- Assist with the maintenance and expansion of stroke certification status for all AHN network hospitals
- Assist with the expansion of the AHN Telestroke program
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Vascular Neurology
- Pennsylvania License
- Vascular Neurology Fellowship
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Who we are:
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western PA, WV and Eastern OH – nine diverse hospitals, 247 health care facilities and growing! Our not-for-profit, physician-led organization is a subsidiary of Highmark Health, the second largest integrated health care delivery and financing system in the nation.
AHN Neuroscience Institute:
Our Institute integrates renowned experts in the subspecialties of neurology, neuroradiology, neuro-critical care, and neurosurgery to offer leading-edge diagnosis and treatment for patients with the most complex neurological disorders across 7 hospitals throughout Western PA.
The Department of Neurosurgery currently staffs 22 neurosurgeons and 28 Neurologists who specialize in a myriad of neurosurgical disorders, including brain, spine and skull based surgery, stroke, movement disorders, cranial nerve disorders, neuro-oncology, epilepsy, headache, neuromuscular disorders, dementia and concussions to name a few. The Department has a quaternary care facility within Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) in Pittsburgh PA, that has a level 1 trauma center, and a level 2 trauma center at Forbes Regional Hospital (FRH), located in Monroeville, Pa.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, prestigious colleges and universities, proximity to state and local recreational parks, and a nationally recognized culinary scene. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families.