An expanding academic program in Southern California is excited to welcome a Director of Epilepsy to their growing faculty! The roles will also include regular participation in teaching medical students and residents, and time for research. The position is open-rank, and provide support for assistant, associate, or full professorship appointments depending on experience.
Experience in a Level 3 or 4 Epilepsy Center and an interest in building the new Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and Epilepsy Center will be a critical focus for this position. The opportunity to develop a Neurophysiology fellowship will be available, with the potential to also start an Epilepsy fellowship in the upcoming years. The program is excited to consider Epileptologists with any experience level who would be excited to develop a new Epilepsy program – Epilepsy fellows graduating this summer are also encouraged to apply!
Epilepsy Director Highlights:
- Will serve as Director of Epilepsy, and report to the Chair of Neurology
- Assist in building the program’s 2-3 bed EMU, with the goal of establishing a Level-4 National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) certified- Epilepsy Center
- Serve as an attending on the inpatient and outpatient EEGs service
- Establish Epilepsy and General Neurology outpatient clinics
- Take part in teaching medical students and residents in outpatient clinic, and while assisting with occasional general inpatient neurology coverage
- Epic EMR
- Research interests well-supported
- Full benefits and competitive compensation commensurate with experience
Whether it’s culture, music, amusement parks, performing arts, sports, world-class restaurants and more, the Southland is a region overflowing with activities for everyone. The Mediterranean-like climate with its dry summers and mild winters make outdoor activities enjoyable year-round.
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!