Reading Hospital/Tower Health is seeking a Fellowship trained Vascular Neurologist to join our growing Neuroscience program working a 7 on 7 off schedule with telemedicine capabilities. The Vascular Neurologist will be rounding on a pure vascular service with a team that includes an Advanced Practitioner and Neurology Residents from our newly approved ACGME program. We will also consider a traditional work model (5 days a week) for the experienced Vascular Neurologist who is interested in a position of Stroke Medical Director.
Neuroscience Center is a multi-subspecialty clinical service line including 20+ Neurologists and APPs and 5 Neurosurgeons. Reading Hospital is a Primary Stroke Center with a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary stroke team with a state of art stroke unit and is supported by a technologically advanced endovascular treatment program and a Neuro ICU with 4 fellowship trained Neurointensivists. The stroke program is driven by the busiest Emergency Department in PA with over 135,000 visits per year with Stroke call primarily being accomplished by telestroke.
About Reading Hospital:
Reading Hospital is the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health. Located in West Reading, Pa., Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital that is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, Tower Health Transplant Institute, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ (2013-2021)
- Neurosciences Excellence Award™ (2013-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Neurosciences (2015-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2007-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke (2006-2021)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 1 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
The Vascular Neurologist will be joining a very experienced Stroke Team with layered support to include Advanced Practitioners and Residents. The opportunity provides a wide-ranging involvement in Stroke Neurology with high acuity and volume due to the busiest Emergency Department in Pennsylvania. The Vascular Neurologist has the opportunity to participate in the final development of the Comprehensive Stroke Program.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with a superb benefits package
- CME Allowance
- Retirement programs
- Educational Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers).
Living in Berks County - From Reading Fellows (Video)
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is 1 hour northwest of Philadelphia and within driving distance of other major metropolitan areas like Baltimore and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
Contact Name: Ken Nichols
Contact Email: Kenneth.email@example.com
Contact Phone: 484-628-6581
Req # 2021-40630
MD or DO
- BE/BC in Neurology & Vascular Neurology
- Licensed/eligible to obtain Pennsylvania Medical License