Reading Hospital/Tower Health is seeking a fellowship trained Sleep Medicine Physician to join our very experienced and busy Sleep Medical Clinic. The physician will be joining a collaborative team including a Board-Certified Neurologist and a Nurse Practitioner. We have a robust referral base and partnerships with subspecialists in Pulmonology, ENT, Dental Sleep Medicine and Weight Management.
Reading Hospital Sleep Lab has been accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine since 2009. Our staff are devoted to the evaluation, treatment, and education of our sleep patients. We perform sleep testing on patients age 2 years and older in the Sleep Center and consult with Respiratory Care for pediatric patients admitted to the pediatric unit for Pneumograms for patients under age 2.
Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital, the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health located in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years, America's 50 Best Hospitals for 2022 and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.
Tower Health & Drexel University College of Medicine have partnered to open a brand new medical school 1/2 miles from the Reading Hospital campus. The medical school opened in July 2021; when fully operational, the medical school will enroll 200 medical students.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- Reading Hospital Recognized on Newsweek's World's Best Hospitals (92 nd ) 2021 List
- Top 1 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ (2013-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Neurosciences (2015-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2007-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke (2006-2021)
The Sleep Medical Clinic is fashioned in the advanced collaborative model and is supported by Sleep Therapist Clinic that is run in conjunction with AASM accredited 10 bed plus Sleep Lab.
Follow-up patients with CPAP/mask interface issues are directly seen and followed in the Sleep Therapist Clinic before being followed in the Sleep Medical Clinic. There are plans for In House DME to provide more Comprehensive Patient care.
The clinic staff along with Sleep Education Certify Technologists regularly operate the Sleep Therapist Clinic for complicated post hospital and Sleep Medical Clinic follow-up patients
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with a superb benefits package
- CME Allowance
- Retirement programs
- Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers).
Living in Berks County - From Reading Fellows (Video)
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is 1 hour northwest of Philadelphia and within driving distance of other major metropolitan areas like Baltimore and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
Contact Name: Ken Nichols
Contact Email: Kenneth.email@example.com
Contact Phone: 484-628-6581
Req # 2022-41742
- MD or DO
- Physician must be licensed/eligible to practice medicine in Pennsylvania
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Sleep Medicine