A group private practice is seeking a BE/BC fellowship-trained Epileptologist or a Neurohospitalist with expertise in EEGs to join a highly respected and collegial group of neurologists in Ithaca, NY, home to Cornell University and Ithaca College.
The new Epileptologist will lead the Epilepsy Center (EMU), which opened in June 2016. This service provides Phase 1 Epilepsy monitoring and is the only unit of its kind in the Southern Tier.
- Pursue community-based practice in the beautiful Southern Tier region of Upstate New York as a regional faculty member of a nationally recognized University Neuromedicine program
- Subspecialty interests in Epilepsy and EEG/EMG well supported
- Designated Stroke Center, Epilepsy Center (EMU) and State-of-the-Art Technology
- Highly supportive team of physicians
- 1 in 6 call schedule (growing to 1:8 by fall 2023)
- Night and weekend tele-stroke support from affiliated University
- Academic affiliation with the University for interested candidates
- Competitive compensation package with production bonus and robust benefits package
Quality of Life:
The Medical Center is located in the scenic Finger Lakes Region. Opportunities abound in and around the city to enjoy the outdoors, whether it is hiking in the many state parks or national forest, or biking in what is ranked 4th best in the country according to Bike Magazine. Cross country and downhill skiing are easily accessible as well as the lakes for any water activities. The Finger Lakes is the second-largest wine region in the country with over 100 vineyards and more restaurants per capita than New York City. Housing is easily and readily available with a number of choices that include walking to work or to the downtown area. Boston, New York, and Philadelphia are all within driving distance for a weekend getaway as well as the Adirondack Mountains for a hiking or skiing weekend.
For more information or for any questions, email us at email@example.com. Browse all of our positions here!