Division Chief of Vascular Stroke Neurology - University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
The Department of Neurology at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, seeks qualified applicants with strong clinical, teaching, and research skills for a full-time Division Chief Faculty position in Stroke and Vascular Neurology. The successful candidate will lead a team of four Vascular Neurologists directing acute stroke and neuro-hospitalist care at the UNC Medical Center. The Medical Center is home to the Joint Commission-certified UNC Hospitals Comprehensive Stroke Center, an American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Gold Plus and Target Elite Plus Honor Roll program. The new chief will supervise resident-staffed acute stroke and neurohospitalist teams, with support from Emergency Medicine, Neurocritical Care, Neurosurgery, Neurointerventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Candidates must be board-certified or board eligible in both Neurology and Vascular Neurology.
• Inherit a well-run, efficient program and transform it into a more academic-minded program
• Lead a team of 4 Vascular Neurologists at the UNC Medical Center, which ranked the No. 2 hospital in the state (US News & World Report 2021)
• Myriad resources to support clinical outcomes
• Everything you need is located on one medical campus – take advantage of a fantastic infrastructure
• Work at a state hospital with a wide variety of pathology and medical conditions
• Ranked a Best College by US News & World Report
• Direct acute stroke and neuro-hospitalist care at UNC Medical Center
• Supervise resident-staffed acute stroke and neurohospitalist teams
• Supported by Emergency Medicine, Neurocritical Care, NS, Neurointerventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, and Physical Medicine
• Active acute stroke thrombectomy program with rapid advanced stroke imaging capabilities
• A CARF-certified stroke rehab hospital is also located on-site
UNC is in Chapel Hill, one of the best places to live in the state (Niche). Commonly referred to as “the Triangle,” Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and their suburbs offer highly sought-after living options in this desirable area of North Carolina. As a resident of this breathtaking area, you’ll have access to everything you need and more. You’ll enjoy an abundance of engaging outdoor activities, unique shops and restaurants, and exciting nightlife.
• Chapel Hill received an overall A+ grade and is one of the best places to live in North Carolina (Niche)
• A low cost of living and safe, family-friendly neighborhoods
• Culturally diverse and economically resilient—nationally recognized as an ideal place to live
• Some of the top schools in the state, including prestigious universities
• Exciting collegiate sports
• Convenient access to an international airport
• Endless opportunities to explore the outdoors—with gorgeous scenery all around
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact David King at email@example.com or at 866-406-0269 and reference NEUS-146973