OCHSNER IS RECRUITING BC/BE NEUROLOGISTS
TO JOIN OUR PRACTICES IN SOUTH LOUISIANA
- This is a great opportunity to practice Neurology in a collegial and patient-focused environment.
- Academic appointments are available at our affiliated institutions, including Tulane, LSU, and the University of Queensland.
- Both newly trained and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
- Relocation Assistance
- CME time and financial reimbursement
- Comprehensive insurance
- Retirement options
- 501c3 tuition reimbursement qualifications
The Department of Neurology has a complement of over 40 Neurologists system-wide with subspecialty representation in stroke, neurocritical care, interventional neurology, neuromuscular disease, movement disorders, epilepsy, MS, headache, cognitive disorders, traumatic brain injury and sports neurology. The Department of Neurology is a member of the Ochsner Neuroscience Institute, ranked as one of the top 50 Neuroscience Centers by the U.S. News and World Report rankings.
Our Practice Opportunities
New Orleans – Epilepsy
- One of only 3 facilities in Louisiana accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center – the highest possible designation by the NAEC
- The only institution in Louisiana that operates dedicated epilepsy monitoring units (EMU) for both adult and children.
- The comprehensive epilepsy program includes a team of 7 adult epileptologists,3 pediatric Epileptologists, 2 advanced practice providers, 3 functional neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists, Neuroradiologists, EEG technologists, a lead epilepsy nurse coordinator, and dedicated social worker to provide the highest quality of care – medical management, advance therapeutics, and epilepsy surgery.
- The only hospital system in the region to use Visualase® - MRI-Guided Laser Ablation Technology for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery.
- Active clinical epilepsy research program with recognition at national and international scientific meetings.
New Orleans – Movement Disorders
- The Movement Disorders Section includes 3 neurologists, 2 advanced practice providers, 2 neurosurgeons, a research coordinator, and Fellowship program.
- We are the largest DBS program in the Gulf South, and we are nationally recognized as a Level 2 HDSA Center of Excellence, with dedicated interdisciplinary clinics for HD, PD, and Tourette’s Syndrome
- Further opportunities exist as Principal Investigator in investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored clinical trials. Active research projects involve biobanking, genetics, and clinical therapeutics for HD, PD, and PSP.
New Orleans – Cognitive Disorders
- The Brain Health and Cognitive Disorders Program is a growing collaboration amongst neurologists, neuropsychologists, advanced practice clinicians, social workers/care managers, and researchers.
- The neurologist will be supported by 7 neuropsychologists across 4 Ochsner campuses
- Patients living with dementia and their caregivers have access to Care Ecosystem, a program funded through generous philanthropic support. The primary aims of the program include lowering caregiver burden, reducing unnecessary hospitalizations, and providing support for clinicians in managing/caring for individuals with dementia. The program is in collaboration with and adapted from UCSF.
- The neurologist will have the opportunity to participate in an interdisciplinary memory disorders clinic, which includes neurology, neuropsychology, and social work/care team navigators.
West Bank of New Orleans – General Neurology
- Ambulatory-based practice
- Opportunities to develop a sub-specialty practice
- Opportunity to interpret EEG and perform NCS/EMG studies
Ochsner Medical Center on the West Bank is a 180-bed general medical and surgical acute care facility. It is located on the mighty Mississippi River just across from the city of New Orleans. The Medical Center offers comprehensive medical services provided by a multi-disciplinary team including more than 500 board-certified or board-eligible physicians, a highly trained nursing staff and other skilled allied-health professionals.
Ochsner Baton Rouge – General or Subspecialized Neurology Opportunities
- Opportunities to build a subspecialized practice
- Active clinical practice with large referral base
- Inpatient work is consultative with hospitalists at Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge
- Telestroke Program is integrated with our large tertiary care center in New Orleans
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers.
Ochsner North Shore – General or Subspecialized Neurology Opportunities and a Neurohospitalist Opportunity
- Committed to providing high-quality, compassionate patient care
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care
- Demonstrate positive clinical outcomes
- Join a developing neuroscience program with a new facility in a highly desirable location
- Large referral base
- NCC unit opening in 2021
- The telestroke programs at Ochsner Medical Center-North Shore and St. Tammany Parish Hospital are integrated with our tertiary care center on Jefferson Highway in New Orleans.
As a suburb of New Orleans, the Northshore region, offers a family-oriented community with the amenities of New Orleans just 30 minutes away. The Northshore is known for the many festivals, parks, and community events throughout the year. Additionally, St. Tammany Parish is ranked #1 in the state for its outstanding, award winning school system. The North Shore offers an entire network of advanced healthcare services with over 160 physicians and 60 APPs who deliver integrated care at our multiple North Shore locations.
Please view our website for more information and to apply: Ochsner.org/neurorecruitment
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.