On behalf of Freedom Perkins, Jr., MD, Section Chief, Pediatric Neurology at Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH), CareerPhysician, a leader in academic pediatric search is pleased to inform you of the national effort to identify qualified faculty to join a renowned neurology division providing expert care for children suffering from a wide range of neurological disorders throughout the state of Arkansas.
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital is the state’s only comprehensive children’s medical center. Care resources are deployed broadly across the state with the main campus in Little Rock comprised of a 336-bed facility including a Level I trauma center; 3 ICUs and a Level 4 NICU.
- The pediatric neurology division at ACH is home to 13 physicians, 2 PhD neuroscientists, 2 APRNs., post-doctoral fellows and a child neurology residency program. The neurology section has a broad base of sub-specialization including: a very active Level 4 NAEC epilepsy center; a Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy certified care center; a Cure SMA Center of Excellence; Spasticity Program; Comprehensive Headache Center; Neurodevelopmental Disabilities; Movement Disorders and more.
- Led by William Steinbach MD, Pediatrics is the largest department at UAMS and dedicated to a collaborative, healthy culture and investing in faculty growth, which includes a dedicated mentoring program for junior faculty that aligns early career physicians with resources and institution leaders to provide coaching and guidance while fostering career advancement.
- Our faculty enjoy a diverse practice which includes inpatient service, outpatient clinic, teaching and research time as well as working with underserved populations 4 days each month at our ACH campus in Jonesboro.
- The patient mix includes a broad spectrum of neurologic disorders and acuity, including epilepsy, headache disorders, movement disorders, neurodevelopment, spasticity, and stroke with opportunities to focus on subspecialty areas of interest.
- The city of Little Rock doesn't disappoint offering plenty for outdoor enthusiasts, including great weather and numerous city parks with paved running/walking trails, bike paths, fishing, private and public golf courses, sports facilities, and picnic areas. Families interested in arts and culture will love the Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts and the Little Rock Zoo, as well as a variety of community events throughout the year, including the Cheese Dip Festival, Riverfest, Jazz in the Park and many more. The character in the thriving downtown district, coupled with a mature culinary scene and charming neighborhoods make Little Rock an ideal destination for families, singles, and culinary enthusiasts in search of a unique and flourishing metro to call home.
- Compensation package for this role includes a competitive guaranteed salary (based on rank), sign-on bonus, tremendous benefits and a retirement package that includes an institutional match program.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at email@example.com, or at 469-553-9311. All interactions will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant. UAMS and Arkansas Children’s Hospital is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.