Coastal Charleston, SC | Neuroimmunology Faculty
Join a team that’s Changing What’s Possible – The Medical University of South Carolina’s Neurology Department is a clinical leader in the state. We have specialty physicians in Neuromuscular Disease, Epilepsy, Stroke, Movement Disorders, Cognitive Disorders, Headache, Neuropthalmology, and General Neurology. We also closely collaborate with Neurocritical Care and Neurooncology physicians. We are a Level IV Epilepsy Center, a Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, a Parkinson’s Foundation Center of Excellence, Muscular Dystrophy Association® (MDA) Certified Care Center, and we are an ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Focus on collaboration, innovation, and teamwork
- Board certification or eligibility in Neurology and fellowship training in Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis
- Academic orientation and enthusiasm for teaching
- 100% outpatient position - inpatient coverage by Neurohospitalists, but optional rotations available
- Very strong interdisciplinary specialty support
- Involvement in the teaching of medical students, neurology residents, and fellows
- Rapidly growing region with substantial hospital support to treat patients with multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis optica, neuro-sarcoidosis, and neuro-vasculitis.
- After-hours and weekend call obligations are minimal
- Special interests fully supported
About MUSC’s Neurology Program
- Advanced diagnostics, multidisciplinary planning, and a full spectrum of medical and innovative therapies
- Newly remodeled, leading-edge facilities designed specifically for the needs of neurology patients
- Dedicated Infusion scheduling and precertification support.
- Advanced administrative and nursing support for Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis clinics
- Faculty position with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications, expertise, and accomplishments
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Low Country cuisine prepared by world-class chefs. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country.
Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits! Amy Knox - firstname.lastname@example.org