ChristianaCare is looking to recruit a BE/BC General Neurologist to join Delaware's largest outpatient Neurology practice based in Newark, Delaware; 45 minutes south of Philadelphia. The offices were recently renovated for this established team that includes 15 neurologists, five advanced practice clinicians, five clinical nurses, social worker, embedded specialty pharmacy concierge and pharmacist, embedded psychologist, medical assistants, office assistants.
- ChristianaCare is the largest, non-governmental employer in the state of Delaware offering the best of a large community health care system with teaching and research opportunities.
- President and CEO, Dr. Janice Nevin recognized in the top 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives, 2020 and 2021 and in the top 25 Women Leaders, 2019.
- ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit health care system with 2020 annual revenue of $3.51 million (Dun & Bradstreet) that is continuing to add new clinical programs and expand into new geographic areas.
- Due to our location, you may live in DE, NJ, PA or MD within 1-3 hours from Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, DC as well as the beautiful beach resorts in DE, NJ and MD.
- The region is rich with diverse cultures and offers some of the nation's best public and private schools, colleges and universities.
What Makes this Opportunity Attractive?
- You'll be supported by a large group of experienced neurologists, many who are fellowship trained.
- Enjoy a great work life balance with a reasonable M-F work schedule and 1:5 weekend call
- Take advantage of being able to work remotely part of the time!
- You'll have opportunities to teach ChristianaCare psychiatry residents and medical students.
- BE/BC in general Neurology required
- Fellowship training in EEG- Clinical Neurophysiology, EMG- Clinical Neurophysiology Neuromuscular Medicine or Headache Medicine optional
- The ability to get a medical license in the state of Delaware
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Benefits of living in the Delaware Valley:
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia and New York City - all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.
When we lead with love, excellence is inevitable.
ChristianaCare is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.