Cleveland Clinic Neurological Institute announces its search for a Director of Research to lead and expand the robust research programs at Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. To be considered, candidates must have an MD or equivalent degree, be Board Certified and have a record of proven success and a passion for research in Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
The successful applicant will develop a purpose-driven mission that builds on abundant expertise and resources at the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health. The successful candidate will lead and mentor the research team in Las Vegas while collaborating with investigators at the Cleveland and Florida locations. This includes major roles in our two NIH-funded Centers (Exploratory Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center and COBRE Center for Neurodegeneration and Translational Neuroscience), as well as research programs in movement disorders and multiple sclerosis. You will be fully supported in your own investigational pursuit of clinically relevant knowledge and improved therapeutics for Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Direct observation and understanding of cognitive disorders through clinical service is a required component of the position. The successful candidate will have academic accomplishments suitable for appointment as an associate or full professor at Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine.
This position will be supported by a $2M endowed chair. Responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning and leadership for growth of the research program
- Directing, supporting, mentoring and developing investigator-initiated research studies
- Outpatient clinical service and patient care (no call or weekends).
This important position commands a competitive salary enhanced by an attractive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision coverage
- Comprehensive disability and life insurance benefits
- Medical malpractice & tail coverage provided
- Generous allowances for vacation, sick time, holidays and professional meetings
- Reimbursement for society memberships and journal subscriptions
- Highly competitive retirement plans with generous employer contribution
Interested candidates, please be sure to include your current CV and cover letter with application