Join the Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare has opportunities for BC/BE Neurologists to join our team of Neurohospitalists at MidState Medical Center in Meriden, CT (156 beds) and The Hospital of Central Connecticut in New Britain, CT (414 beds). Both hospitals are Joint-Commission certified Primary Stroke Centers.
Highlights of the position:
As a Neurohospitalist, you will collaborate and communicate with other Neurologists and members of the hospital staff such as medicine hospitalists and attendings on other services, including a variety of ICUs. You will evaluate and provide consultations and/or management for patients in the ED and the Inpatient Units.
- Schedule consists of 24 weeks of inpatient coverage per year defined as a full week 7 AM Wednesday – 7 AM Tuesday, including a share of evening call coverage.
- Weekend Evenings covered by Tele-neurology.
- Inpatient services include attending coverage on the general neurology service, or neurology consult service (or some combination of the above).
- Some outpatient coverage may be needed in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Opportunity to provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for our residents, students, fellows, and advance practice providers if desired.
- Comfort with acute stroke care is important.
- Actively participate in neurology didactic sessions, attendance at Grand Rounds and other teaching lectures as appropriate including monthly Neurohospitalist Lecture Series.
- May participate in other activities such as clinical research, quality improvement, patient experience initiatives, resident and faculty interviews, and lectures to professional or public audiences – as agreed upon with the faculty member and the Chief of Neurology.
About Hartford HealthCare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute:
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders. Our specialists span the areas of vascular neurology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache and pain management, neuro-oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, neurocritical care, general neurology and neurosurgery.
About Hartford HealthCare:
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and Hartford HealthCare Medical Group, one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
Central Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For additional information and to schedule a 1:1 discussion:
Call, text or email HHC’s Neuroscience Recruiter Clayton Tebbetts at:
860-249-6927 - Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org