The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders. Our specialists span the areas of vascular neurology, neuro-oncology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache and pain management, cognitive neurology, neurosurgery, neurocritical care and general neurology.
As Neurohospitalist you will collaborate and communicate with other Neurologists and members of the hospital staff such as medicine hospitalists and attendings on other services, including a variety of ICUs. You will evaluate and provide consultations and/or management for patients in the Hartford Hospital ED and the Observation Unit. Work 24 weeks of inpatient coverage per year, coverage being defined as a full week 7 AM Monday – 7 AM Monday, including a share of evening call coverage
- Inpatient services include attending coverage on the general neurology service, or neurology consult service (or some combination of the above)
- Provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for our residents, students, fellows, and advance practice providers
- Teaching responsibilities may include teaching medical students and residents on bedside rounds for the consult and inpatient services.
- Actively participate in neurology didactic sessions, attendance at Grand Rounds and other teaching lectures as appropriate including monthly Neurohospitalist Lecture Series
- May participate in other activities such as clinical research, quality improvement, patient experience initiatives, resident and faculty interviews, and lectures to professional or public audiences – as agreed upon with the faculty member and the Chief of Neurology.
- This opportunity is available for BC/BE Neurologists.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated system in CT offer physicians MORE OPPORTUNITY to practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals, one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
Located within two hours of Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
To put MORE LIFE IN YOUR LIFE email Clayton Tebbetts at Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org or call or text 860-249-6927.