The Department of Neurology is a strong, growing department and has a complement of 32 adult neurologists, who see over 1,200 in-patient and 20,000 outpatient cases each year. The basic science and clinical research programs are rapidly expanding, and include outstanding programs in epilepsy, stroke, ALS, and other neurological conditions. Additionally, the neurologists in this group supervise a class of 4 residents per year, as well as fellows in vascular neurology, clinical neurophysiology, and neuromuscular diseases. They are seeking general neurologists to join the faculty as the Access Clinic demand continues to grow. The Access Clinic is a collaborative team of neurologists and APPs, meant to shorten the wait time for patients' initial assessments of neurological concerns.
Medical Center Details:
- 551 beds;
- 31-bed Neuro-ICU (4 beds on the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit)
- Level 1 trauma center;
- Over 65,000 emergency room visits per year;
- Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center;
- Home to 254,000 square-foot Biomedical Research Building;
- Recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus award for six consecutive years;
- In 2013 there were over 27,000 admissions, 27,000 surgical cases, and more than 893,000 outpatient visits;
- More than 1,100 primary and specialist physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Individuals with basic or clinical research experience are welcome and will be well supported;
- Opportunities for neurology resident and fellow teaching;
- General neurology call only 2 weeks/year;
- Competitive academic compensation
For more information or for any questions, email us at email@example.com. Browse all of our positions here!