A large healthcare system in North Carolina is seeking a Medical Director of Neurocritical Care. Applicants should be board certified and have at least 7 years of clinical experience.
The flagship hospital is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, they have been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. It is also the only JACHO accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center in Eastern North Carolina.
The multi-specialty physician group employs more than 500 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records, and other technologies.
Their Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient-and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
Medical Director of Neuro-critical Care Opportunity Highlights:
- 24-bed Neuro-ICU, semi-closed unit
- 15-20% admin / 80-85% clinical
- Team of 2 current neurointensivists
- 12 APPs
- 7 on / 7 off scheduling
- Opportunities to participate in research
- Opportunities to teach residents
- Very competitive compensation
- Established neuroscience team of 8 neurosurgeons including 2 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, outpatient neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Large referral network including over 100 Medical Group practices and 8 hospitals
- The Medical Center is home to a newly expanded 24-bed NSICU led by a Neurointensivist as well as a CARF rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!