Hunterdon Healthcare is actively recruiting for a board-certified Director of Neurology to build a dynamic team and take the health system’s neurology capabilities to the next level. Anchored by a strong community-oriented medical staff and an experienced primary care physician base, Hunterdon is a recipient of the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check Mark for Primary Stroke Center Certification.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience in general neurology (experience in stroke and other focus areas a plus) leadership skills, and an interest in program development.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers:
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Generous sign-on bonus
- CME allowance
- Malpractice coverage
- Work-life balance
Hunterdon Healthcare, a designated Primary Stroke Center, is a not-for-profit health system with a 178-bed community medical center. With a medical group of more than 300 physicians, Hunterdon Healthcare maintains close ties to a wide network of specialists and supports an alliance that develops community programs and expands home care services.
Hunterdon Medical Center is a teaching institution affiliated with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey–Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and a member of the New Jersey Council of Teaching Hospitals. Hunterdon’s Family Medicine Residency Program was one of the first programs in the nation formed exclusively for the training of physicians in Family Medicine. Clinical affiliations are provided for students in nursing and other professional and allied health areas.
- Recipient of the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check Mark for Primary Stroke Center Certification.
- Honored with an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade by The Leapfrog Group.
- Awarded Magnet™ designation for Excellence in Nursing by the American Nurses Credential Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®.
- One of 300 hospitals in US designated a Nurses Improving Care to Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) hospital and one of only 10 hospitals in New Jersey to have earned both Magnet™ and NICHE status.
- Certified as a Great Place to Work®.
- Designated as a LGBTQ Health Care Equality Top Performer by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC).
- Hunterdon county ranks as one of the top 20 healthiest communities in the US by U.S. News & World Report
Hunterdon county offers the benefits of a rural lifestyle with quick and easy access to suburban and urban areas. Residents can go fishing, hiking, biking, and antiquing in historic villages in the morning, and in the afternoon visit world-class theaters, museums, and 5-star restaurants in New York City and Philadelphia.
The community is known for its pastoral vistas, small-town ambiance, and excellent school system. Hunterdon county is also home to major corporations like Ingersoll Rand, Merck, Chubb Group and A.M. Best.