The Cleveland Clinic Florida, Neuroscience Institute is currently seeking a seasoned leader to serve as the Regional Chair for the Department of Neurology. The Chair will provide leadership and oversight for the delivery of high quality inpatient and outpatient neurology care throughout our Cleveland Clinic Florida locations including: Cleveland Clinic Weston, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health and Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital. BC/BE in neurology is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and establish a regional strategy which supports current specialties and fosters collaboration to maximize resources
- Grow and develop institute-wide educational programs
- Ensure the continued success of the neurology residency program
- Expand and prioritize the research infrastructure
- Champion the growth and expansion of departmental programs at the local and regional level to better serve our communities
- Create regional alliances/networks and actively participate in CC Florida strategic planning
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain outstanding faculty to build a clinical and academic program of excellence that will differentiate us in the South Florida market
- Embrace the clinical culture of Patients First and focus on Access, Quality, Safety and Patient Experience
- Track record of positive interpersonal engagement both intradepartmental and across specialties
- Strong leadership skills and experience in successfully managing and mentoring physicians and other caregivers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to foster relationships and further alignment with the Neuroscience Institute in Ohio and CC Florida emphasizing programming and aligning with program metrics
- Record of success identifying philanthropic opportunities and cultivating key relationships to grow same
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the Cleveland Clinic Florida Neurosciences Institute Chair as well as the Neurosciences Institute of Cleveland Clinic Ohio to realize the shared goal of making Cleveland Clinic Florida the preeminent destination for neurology care in the state.
The department of Neurology offers the full spectrum of neurological care including stroke, neuro-intervention and specialized programs in dementia, multiple sclerosis, movement disorders, neuro-oncology, sleep, headache and facial pain as well as a neuromuscular program with a busy electrophysiology lab. The epilepsy program is designated as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
The Cleveland Clinic Florida region is a nonprofit, multi-specialty healthcare provider that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. The Florida region now includes Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Martin South Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Martin Tradition Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Weston Hospital, with five hospitals and numerous outpatient centers in Broward, Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie Counties. The Florida region is an integral part of Cleveland Clinic, where providing outstanding patient care is based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation. Physicians at Cleveland Clinic are experts in the treatment of complex conditions that are difficult to diagnose.
Please click here to access our Cleveland Clinic Physician Candidate Guide
and learn more about Cleveland Clinic Florida.
Interested candidates are to submit their cover letter and current curriculum vitae:
Search Committee Attn: Jenny Flaugh, Director Physician Recruitment
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Smoke/drug free environment.