A large and growing healthcare system in Pennsylvania is looking to develop its outpatient neurology practice and its inpatient/stroke neurology service line by hiring a team of outpatient neurologists and neurohospitalists for their legacy and community hospitals, in Harrisburg and throughout southeast Pennsylvania. The system is also recruiting a Neurology Medical Director. This system has three community hospitals, all within eight miles of each other, two main neurology offices and one timeshare office. They also provide telestroke coverage to two critical access hospitals.
Outpatient Position Highlights:
- Opportunity to develop a subspecialized practice
- Locations in Harrisburg and throughout southeast Pennsylvania
- Movement disorders and cognitive neurology sub-specialists needed in Harrisburg location
- Non-burdensome call or no call requirements (depending on location)
- Use EPIC EMR
- Extensive APC support
- Primary Stroke Center with eventual goals of becoming Comprehensive
- Join a large team of neurologists and APCs
- Collaborate with an open and progressive administration
- Competitive compensation package including relocation allowance, incentive bonus, and CME support
Neurohospitalist Position Highlights:
- 7 on/ 7 off schedule, working in the hospital 8 am-8 pm with outpatient neurologists covering call at night
- APC support for follow-ups on orders and continuing care in the hospital, so neurohospitalists can focus on new consults and complicated patients
- On average 15 patient encounters per day between neurohospitalist and APC
- Use EPIC EMR
- The nurse responsible for discharge and scheduling outpatient follow-up appointments for the patient -- they leave the hospital with an appointment scheduled!
- Join a collegial team of 10 outpatient neurologists and 5 APCs - while the neurohospitalist service line is building, you will not be alone! The team values mentorship and high quality of life.
- Collaborate with an open and progressive administration, who truly care for their providers and patients
- Competitive compensation package
Medical Director Details:
- Build a comprehensive neuroscience program among two main and six satellite outpatient practice sites and seven hospitals
- Leadership and management of daily operations that involve medical staff and patient care
- Develop subspecialized clinics in collaboration with our neurosurgery program
- Development of program objectives, plans, policies and procedures, guidelines, protocols
- Active participation in monitoring and evaluating the quality of care
- Achievement of positive patient outcomes
- Management of medical staff performance measures and professional development
- Support and participate in all Joint Commission survey initiatives and further develop Joint Commission programs, specifically Stroke
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!